I'm Sorry Micheal

[To be rewritten]

It's dark in Micheals basement.
The walls coated with dark wood paneling block out light from the outside world. The giant TV on one wall is off. The red lava lamp in the corner is dimming.
The artificial light that usually emits from phones is missing. The neon coke sign above Micheals coach illuminates the room.

The 3am silence stuffs the air.
It's been so long since Jeremy has been in this basement. He longed for the vintage posters and the askew socks, but he was locked away by that god awful Squip. He was taken away from his happy place, and now he's back.

"I'm sorry Micheal"
His voice was barely above a whisper.

"Why are you sorry Jere?"

He scoffed. "What am I not sorry for? I took a fucking computer pill that told me to do all these awful things and I went through with it and fuck I was such a dick to you"

"Hey, Jeremy" Micheal leaned against the armrest, opposite his friend. "That wasn't you. It was that fucking Squip"

"But I went through with what it told me. I-I turned on the Optic Nerve Blocking I cut you out of my life so I literally couldn't see you"
Jeremy bowed his head, staring at his crossed legs.

"Jeremy. Look at me"
He slowly lifted his head, his eyes red.
"It wasn't you. Look dude I know you. You were manipulated by Rich's stupid drug that brainwashed you. And what you did, it's in the past. You're back here now. We're back in my basement. So it all ended for the best"

Jeremy sniffed.
"It's not a drug Micheal. It's from Japan"

"Yeah whatever" Micheal chuckled.
He reached out, and took Jeremys shaking hand.
"I solemnly swear to never let foreign technology control your mind ever again, especially if it means that you fucking abandon me"

Jeremy laughed, but tears has started streaming down his cheeks. He looked away from Micheal, as he started to sob, clamping his hand over his mouth.
"I'm so sorry Micheal"

"Hey hey it's okay. Come 'ere"
Micheal slid next to Jeremy and wrapped his arms around him. Jeremy wept into Micheals shoulder, releasing all his pent up emotion.
"You're okay now Jeremy. I'm here. I got you. And as hard as you try I'm not going anywhere"

Jeremy smiled, and looked up at Micheal.
"I'm never gonna stop being sorry"

"That's alright. I'm never gonna stop forgiving you"
Micheal gently kissed the top of Jeremy's head, making his face burn.

They stayed in the comforting embrace for a while, as their breathing slowed. Their eyes grew heavy, and they started to drift off to sleep.
"I love you Micheal Mell"

Micheal wasn't quite asleep yet.
"I love you too Jeremiah Heere"

•••
I'm totally gonna rewrite this later don't worry. Just some cute stuff before I get into the angst
✌️💕Bree