Boy In Red

I LOVE THIS SONG
so yeah. Here's a fluffy thing inspired by another fluffy thing I wrote for another book
•••

"This is gospel for the fallen ones"

Jeremy steps carefully along the pavement, avoiding every crack and break.

"Locked away in permanent slumber. Assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories"

The 11am sun shines directly into his fucking eyes because God is a pompous dick who screws everyone over. Jeremy is walking to Micheals, taking his sweet sweet time. He's been invited over to his boyfriends for breakfast. And he's not supposed to be there for another two hours, but the thought of having a fluffy morning with his boyf got him too excited.

Not . . . not sexually excited. If that's what you're thinking. More like butterfly excitement. Seeing Micheal and talking to him makes him feel like he ate a bag of sugar.

"Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart. Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart"

Music flows through his earplugs into his brain. He swags back and forth, gently walking and turning to the beat.

"The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds. But they haven't seen the best of us yet . . ."

Jeremy stops and prepares himself.

"If you love me let me goooooooo!" He lip syncs dramatically. "If you love me let me goooooooooo!"

He starts to swing his arms and kick his legs, getting lost in the music.
"'Cause these words are knives that often leave scars. The fear of falling apart. And truth be told, I never was yours"

He pulls out his earbuds as his reaches Micheals house, cramming them into his pockets. Micheal surely won't mind him being early. He reaches the front door, lifting his fist to knock sharply.

But a noise stops him.

"Come lie with my bones" a voice sings through the door. "Oh Jeremy,dont look away"

A smile creeps on Jeremy's face. He opens the unlocked door, slowly creeping into the house. He's hit with the smell of food wafting from the kitchen.

"Oh Jeremy, just look at me the same" Micheal sings.

Jeremy creeps down the hallway, getting closer to the voices source.

"I don't wanna be your friend. I wanna kiss your lips. Ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo. I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath"

Jeremy reaches the open door, and is greeted with a wonderful sight. His boyfriend, surrounded by food and breakfast ingredients, in only his hoodie, black boxers, and rainbow knee high socks. He's singing loudly into a spatula as he cooks bacon on a pan.

"I don't wanna be your friend. I wanna kiss your lips. Ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo.I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath"

He swings his hips in time with his singing. His head bops side to side.
"Oh Jeremy. Tell me something nice. Like flowers and blue skies"

He slides the bacon onto a plate, turning off the stove. Micheal jumps into the middle of the room, singing as loud as can.

"Oh hannah. I will follow you home. Although my lips are blue and I'm cold"

He slides along the kitchen tiles, throwing his head back and yelling, "I don't wanna be your friend. I wanna kiss your lips. Ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo. I wanna kiss you until I lose my breath"

Micheal turns to the stove, his back to Jeremy. A mental lightbulb goes off. Jeremy slips off his shoes and jeans, leaving him in his socks, t shirt and boxers. He creeps into the kitchen like a shadow, sneaking behind his boyfriend.

"I don't wanna be your friend. I wanna be your bitch" The oblivious Micheal sings. "And I wanna touch you but not like this. The look in your eyes, my hand between your thighs"

Jeremy can't help but smirk at the lyrics.
"Oh this can't be real-"

"-It's all just a dream" Jeremy sings in his ear.

With a screech, Micheal whips around and smacks Jeremy with his spatula. Jeremy cries out in surprise, doubling over in laughter and clutching his cheek.

"Good morning to you too!" Jeremy laughs.

Micheals  cheeks go red as his jaw drops.
"Dude! You're early"

Jeremy does a little jazz hands.
"Surpriiiiise"

Micheal rubs his face with a smile.
"I'm guessing, uh, I'm guessing you heard my, uh....."

"Angelic singing? Dedicated to me?"

"Pshhh shut up" Micheal playfully punches his arm.

"It was very nice" Jeremy says sweetly.

That's when Micheal notices what he's wearing.
"Dude, where are your clothes"

Jeremy shrugs.
"Just copying your style"

"Gosh I'm flattered"
Micheal wraps his arms around Jeremy's waist, pulling his boyfriend into a soft kiss. He pulls back quickly with a smirk.

"Come on. Let's eat some breakfast"

Micheal places plates of waffle and bacon on the already set table, which is decorated in the fanciest way possible.

"I don't wanna be your friend I wanna kiss your lips" Jeremy sings behind him.

"Nah nah nah" Micheal says as Jeremy tries to pull him into another kiss. "That can wait until dessert"

"Dessert with breakfast? My lucky day"

•••
I have no idea what this is. I'm gonna edit it later but until then:

Drink your milk for strong bones!
- Avery