New Jersey Needs

I came up with this idea in class and I love it. Jeremy and Micheal are in college or something
•••

~Micheal's P.O.V~

The sky is darkening above my head, causing orange flames to creep behind buildings before fading into the dark. I teeter along the empty sidewalk. The roads are surpassingly empty for half eight at night. Not a single car or bike passes me as I make my way to my boyfriends apartment.

Lights begin to shut off behind windows. Stores are closed or closing. The streetlamps are dim. But at the end of the street, a literal beacon of light.
The painted sign reads New Jersey Needs.

The building is tall, like all the surrounding buildings but the store itself only takes up about a third of the height. The store is located at the corner of a T-junction, the door at the very corner, the two doors coming together in a point. Windows stretch from the doors all the way to the end of the store. And with the lights at full blast, it beckons me closer.

As I get closer, the chipped red paint and shiny tiled floor greets me. I pull open the door, and a small gold bell rings above me.

A head peeks up over the short aisles.
"Hey Micheal!"

"Hey Chrissy" I swagger over to the counter to my friend.

New Jersey Needs is like a mini grocery store. It has the essentials: milk, newspapers, cereal, condoms, whatever. It's been open forever, and could defiantly use another paint job. Every summer, Christine takes it upon herself to give the whole exterior a new lick of paint.
Christine doesn't own the store, but she's been working here forever. The owner is her uncle or something, and she's allowed keep the place looking sheik. Shes been my friend since high school, and I love her to bits. Also she sometimes gives me discounts which is cool.

"You heere to see Jeremy?" She asks, propping her elbows on the counter.

I lean against it with a shrug.
"Can a guy not just give his best friend a visit?"

Christine raises an eyebrow with a grin.
"Oh ya. That's toooootallly why you're here"

Something behind me catches her eye, causing her to straighten up. She slaps my arm and points outside the door. I turn around to see a delivery boy. He has blonde hair with a red streak, matching with his red uniform.
He's holding a large pizza box and his phone. He looks around widely, clearing hopelessly lost.

"We got a newbie, huh?" I smile.

Christine giggles, waving her hand over her head to beckon the boy in. He hesitates, before entering the store.

"Sorry. I'm just looking to deliver this pizza and it says to deliver it to this address.." he says, confused.

Chrissy nods.
"That'd be Jeremy. You're new?"

He looks taken aback.
"How did you know?"

"Jeremy lives above the store. He gets his food delivered down here so he doesn't have to collect it. He orders from the same place nearly every night. We know all the employees"
Christine offers her hand with a large smile.
"Welcome to the family......Rich!" She reads off his name tag.

Rich smiles, taking her hand and shaking it.

"I'm Micheal" I say.

"So I'll be seeing a lot of you guys?" Rich says.

"Yup. Tooonneess. Well, more me then Micheal. Cause ya know I work here and Micheals usually spends his time upstairs with his boyfriend"

Though I've been dating Jeremy for a while now, I still get nervous whenever we're public. Homophobes are like a cancer. You never know when they'll pop up. All the other delivery people are cool with it, but this new guy, who knows.