sᴘɪᴄʏ ʙɪs || Waiting Room

I have a newfound love for writing angst so here's this while i tidy up my OTHER Spicy Bi's chapter

Pride month (sadly) is over! This is my last Pride Month oneshot of the year which is HEARTBREAKING. I'm currently making a Musical One Shot Book so I can keep posting different oneshots so leave requests for that!

This takes place after the Halloween Party while Jeremy and Rich are waiting to be questioned by police. Someone (for the life of me I can't find who) asked for them to bond over trauma and I will always deliver.

Also, since we have only a tiny bit of information about Rich's experience with the Squip, a lot of the info in this chapter are my personal Headcanons.
•••

Jeremy and Rich sit in the police station waiting room in silence.
It's currently 12:47am. The station is empty. Rows of plastic chairs fill the room, with a bare coffee table in the middle. The low lights flicker occasionally. The surrounding tiles are stained and worn. Jeremy counted 63 tiles on the ceiling and 68 on the floor.

A secretary sits perched behind the counter, her third coffee fogging up her oversized glasses. Airpods blast ABBA songs into her ears.

Jeremy and Rich sit two chairs apart. They don't say a word.

Rich gently rubs his arms. They're freshly bandaged. His fingers trace the fabric, fighting the urge to dig his fingers into his burns. That's the least he deserves.

Jeremy's eyes flit over to Rich. His head is down, causing his blond hair to flop over his eyes. The taller boy's eyes stick on the off-white casts on his arms. Jeremy bites back the urge to ask, "can I sign them?"

"Stop staring" Rich grumbles. He juts out his jaw, trying to look tough as he practically cowers in his seat.

"Sorry" Jeremy looks forward again. His knees press together, his fingers fiddling with the sleeves of his cardigan.
"How are your arms?" He asks politely, not excited to fall back into awkward silence.

"What do you fucking think?" Rich leans back in his chair, turning his head away from Jeremy.

"Sorry for asking" Jeremy mumbles. He sniffs.

The only sound is the distant echo of a janitor hoovering. Jeremy's breathing is too loud; or maybe it's not. Maybe his mind is just focusing on his breathing to distract him from the anxiety brewing in him.

"What do they think they're gonna ask us?" He asks, staring at a yellow stain on the floor.

Rich chuckles curtly. "I don't know what they're asking you. Although they're probably wondering why you get boners over chicks with tails"

"I-fdjsnfm-dbfeofl . . .rfhreubgvu- wHAT?!" Jeremy chokes.

Rich rolls his head to deadpan at him.
"I'm fucking with you- and don't act so surprised. Everyone knows about your fetishes"

Jeremy doesn't know how to respond. He swallows and continues to stare at the ground. He juts out his bottom lip, gnawing on it. This is great- this is fucking great. If everyone knows about his . . . desires, no one will date him. Nice to know he'll be dying alone.

Rich can't help but watch him pitifully. He rolls his eyes, moving one seat closer. He hits him on the arm, "Hey". Jeremy jumps instinctively, staring at him in confusion.

"What was that for?"

"It wasn't for anything, I was just getting your attention" Rich snaps defensively.

"Oh. Sorry" Jeremy relaxes.

"Stop apologising" Rich stares holes into Jeremy's face. "You've done it like three times already. I get it, you're empathetic. Now shut up and talk like a normal person"