You're Insecure, Don't Know What For

You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or
Also this is based off a Tiktok

Also this doesn't really have structure, it's sorta me just playing around with different friendships but hey it's fun.

Also, here's something I noticed. All musical fan fictions are written by theatre kids (of course), so those theatre kids make the characters musicals kids. This includes me too. Read on to see Jeremy listening to a random musical.

•••

𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚕𝚍
Jeremy holds his wrist, too scared to look underneath. You know, some people get PlayStations for their sixteenth birthday. Or maybe a car, if they're lucky. Or a spa day or concert tickets or something like that. Jeremy is getting a soulmate.

"Jerry if you don't check what the words are I will rip off your hand and choke you with it" His step sister says, deadpan.

Jeremy swallows, too afraid to even speak. He's going to see the first words his soulmate will ever say to him. That's a lot of pressure for one person what if it's something basic like hello or excuse me oh god he can't do this.

"I can't do this" Jeremy insists desperately, in a weird state of panic.

"Yes. Yes you totally can" Brooke swings her legs off the armchair, wrapping her blue cardigan around her. "I was scared too. It's terrifying, it's too . . . . final. But, you're better off knowing"

Brookes wrist peeks out of her cardigan.
Hey I think my gum is stuck in your hair is written neatly on her arm. She hasn't found her soulmate in the three months she has had it.

"Maybe I should leave it. I don't need to see it it's fine" Jeremy vows, beginning to shake.

Brooke grabs his shoulders. She stares into his soul like a cat on the side of the road. "It's not fine. Rip off the bandaid and do it"

Jeremy takes a deep breath, holding up his wrist to his face. He lowers his hand.

I love your smile

Jeremy heart stopped. Utterly stopped. His heart dropped into his stomach, weighing him down down down into the ground. He takes another deep breath, sniffing.

"Jerry you okay? What does your wrist say?" Brooke asks.

Jeremy mouth has gone dry and his tongue feels too big. "It uh . . . it says you're beautiful"

Brooke smiles a perfect smile with perfect teeth in her perfect mouth. Jeremy has to repress a wince.

"That's so sweet!" She exclaims, clapping her hands together.

"Yeah. Sweet" Jeremy clears his throat, loosely gesturing behind him. "I'm uh- I'm gonna, gonna go bathroom"

He practically runs into the bathroom, locking the door behind him with shaking hands. His body trembles. He's not really sure why. Someone loves his smile. Someone in the world, an actual person loves his smile. He catches his own eye in the bathroom mirror.

He attempts a smile.

Crooked teeth. Crossing across each other. Teeth missing. A misaligned jaw. He grimaces. He knew this soulmate thing was bullshit. No one- and he means no one, could possibly love this smile.