The Gay Who Didn't Like Musicals

I have recently discovered that a few of you are Starkids fans (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) so I'm making a Starkids inspired-fluffy chapter because damn i love references

(If you're unfamiliar with Starkid, I'd totally recommend checking them out on YouTube)
•••

Micheal stretches, standing up from his desk.
"Okay" he announces. "I'm gonna go get some coffee at Beanies. Anyone wanna come?"

Nobody looks up from their computers. He looks over to his neighbors desk.
"Jake?"

The brunette looks up from his computer, snapping back to reality.
"Sorry, I gotta keep refreshing this page. My ex Chloe was bragging earlier how she took our daughter all the way to New York to see Hamilton. But two can play at that game. I'm on HotTix right now, and I'm telling you, I'm gonna go get tickets to Mamma Mia!

Micheal raises his eyebrows.
"Wow. She'll enjoy that as much as Hamilton"

Jake smiles at him.
"it's a musical! Hey why don't you come along? You'll get a kick out of it"

Micheal sighs.
"Jake, no. Sorry"

"you got other plans?"

"Umm...no"

"so, you'd rather do nothing then come with us to see Mamma Mia?"

"Jake" Micheal doesn't know how to put it gently. "I'd rather do anything then go with Mamma Mia. The idea of sitting there, behind trapped in a musical. That's my own personal hell "

"I'm trying to reconnect with my teenage kid and you're just gonna leave me hanging?" Jake says.

"yeah. Sorry" Micheal snaps his fingers. "Uh... but hey! I'll grab you something from Beanies! My treat. What do you want?"

Jakes face falls. " I just want my daughter back"

Mixheal sucks in his teeth.
"how about a nice Caramel Frap? Nothing better!"

He claps Jakes shoulder, waking towards the door. A five foot four ball of pure intensity, stops him.
"hey you going to beanies?"

"yeah" Micheal replies quickly.

"you didn't invite me?"

"sorry Rich you wanna come?"

"nah nah nah" Rich throws up his hands.
"I don't wannna show you up"

Mixheal raises an eyebrow.
"what do you mean?"

"ah. Come on. I know why you walk the extra block instead of going to the Starbucks across the street" Rich rests his elbow on Micheals shoulder as he teases him.

Mixheal scoffs. "I-I don't wanna give my money to some corporate chain"

Rixh pulls a face. "uh huh uh huh. Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with that cute little barista over there? Huh?"

Rich pokes Micheal in the side.
"the Latte Hot-tay?"

"okay bye bud" Micheal nearly runs out the door.

"HEY GET ME A CHAI ICE TEA OKAY?!" Rich yells out of him. "AY?! Ayyyyy"

Rich goes to walk back to his desk, but Jake catches his eyes. He taps the sad boy on the shoulder, and produces a sweet package from his pocket.

"Want a Red Vine? It'll make you feel better?"

Jake shrugs, taking a sweet. He bites happily into the candy, breaking into a smile.
"You're right. I do feel better"