Mrs & Mrs Heere [1/?]

This idea was created by the ever so wonderful mountaindewred- (thank you again for letting me write it!)

I was debating whether to make this a longer story that really dives into Jeremy's new relationships or a short fluffy thing about Jeremy and Micheal and I've decided to do both kinda. This will start with some set up about Jeremy and his mom but the fluff will be immense just you wait.

This will definitely be a two parter and there will be boyf content
•••

"I'll be- what, four days? At most? You'll survive without me" Jeremy remarks, throwing his backpack into his dad's car trunk.

"Dude we're on the final level of Apocalypse of The Damned" Micheal follows him around the car like a puppy. "I'm not gonna be able to think of anything else until you get back so we can finish it!"

"I'll see if I can get out early, I promise" Jeremy leans against the small car, his elbow propped against the roof. "The less time I spend with my mom the better"

"I thought you guys were getting along again"

"She didn't invite me to her wedding" Jeremy says bluntly, looking to the ground with a sniff. "It's kinda clear that she doesn't want us to get along"

"Jer" Micheal puts a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "She's extending an olive branch. I know both of you are bitter and petty and stubborn but give her a chance. You only get one mom"

Jeremy laughs sharply.
"Says the guy with two moms to a guy with two moms"

"Yeeaaahhhhhh I don't know why I said that" Micheal shoves his hand back in his pockets, offering his friend a smile.

"You'll be fine, be back soon, I'll miss you" he adds.

"It's a few days. You'll survive without me" Jeremy smiles.

"I make no promises"

Mr Heere honks the horn, making Jeremy jump.
"I'll see you man" Jeremy pulls Micheal in for a quick hug. They pat each other on the back like the bros they are.

"See you soon"

Jeremy climbs into the backseat. He waves at Micheal as he car pulls out and takes off down the road. It's at this point that Jeremy realises that he could've gone in the front seat but he instead chose the backseat for some reason.

He presses earbuds into his ears and sticks on a cast recording that Christine keeps recommending. Anxiety brews in his stomach as he watches out the window. Why now? Why does his mother chose now to reach out to him?

He barely remembers a life with his mom. His parents divorced when he was . . . two-ish? The earliest memory he has of his mother is Christmas Eve at her old apartment. It isn't a good memory. Though they tried to distract him with a red bauble, his parents couldn't hide their rage at each other. They spent the whole day screaming in the kitchen over who gets Jeremy for Christmas Day. Jeremy doesn't remember who won the fight. He also doesn't remember why they celebrated Christmas that year when all of them are Jewish.

Since then, his only interactions with his mother has been late "Happy Birthday!" emails, burnt Thanksgiving dinners and gift cards instead of presents.

Back then, he never would've described his relationship with his mother as bad. Not at all. When they did talk, it wasn't that awkward sometimes.

He never fathomed that it was bad enough to be excluded from her wedding.

He can't help but huff at the thought of the wedding. He can understand not meeting his mothers wife while they were dating; no one wants a grumpy anti-social teenage boy ruining date night. But he wasn't even told about the wedding! He found out about it through an email his mother sent while on her honeymoon.