Connection Lost

Someone asked for a Long Distance AU so I am happily delivering after like six years
TW: Mentions Of homophobia. No slurs.
•••

𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚑
@memeinginthebathroom is online

Jeremy squeals. Yes, you heard me. Squeals. Hes like a protagonist from a teen movie. He clicks the notification on his computer, immediately video calling his friend.

Jeremy and Micheal met online about six years ago, when they were 10. They started messaging every single day, which soon turned into video calling. They know everything about eachother. Every little thing.
Well, except one thing.

Micheal doesnt know who Jeremy likes.
But we can all guess who that is, can't we?

Micheal accepts the video call, his grinning face consuming Jeremy's computer screen.

"Salutations, Jeremy Queer"

"Greetings, you gay fuck"

"Hey come on I gave you a pun-name"

"And I'm grateful"

Micheal playfully leans back in his desk chair with a sigh. Jermey is his best friend. Everyone knows it. Despite the fact that they've never met, and Micheal lives in California and Jeremy lives in New Jersey, he can't imagine life without him. They're that close.

The pair talk all through the night, 2am creeping around the corner.

"Okaayyyy" Micheal claps his hands together and puts on a White Girl ™ voice. "Time for 𝒷𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀"

"How the fuck did you do that with your voice?" Jeremy asks as he pours Gatorade into his coffee.

"Gay magic" Micheal grins. "Okay Jeremy Queere. Any booooyyyssss caught your eye?"

Jeremy flips his non-existent long hair.
"Oh my gawd~ sksksksk~ now that you mention it . . ." He flutters his eyelashes.

"No" Jermey goes back to his normal voice with a snap. "None at all. Men are scumbags. They don't deserve my beautiful ass and I'll drink to that"

He takes a large swing from his strange drink, choking in the process. Micheal pretends to be offended.

"Excuse me. I am totally worthy of your beautiful ass you pompous asshole"

"Wow that was sophisticated" Jermey remarks.

"Oh blow me"

With pleasure.
"Oh you'd love that" Jermey smirks.

Micheal rolls his eyes. He notices the time on his monitor and nearly starts.
"Dude it's like 2am for you. Get your ass to sleep"

"Okay fine mooom" but before Jeremy can end the call, he stops. "Wait you never said if you had your eyes on any boys"

"Goodnight Jeremy"
And the screen goes black.

•••

𝚓𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚑
@memeinginthebathroom is online

Finally! Jeremy leaps into his desk, frantically calling his friend. Micheal has been offline in like two weeks. That's an eternity in Jeremy Time™.
It rings. Once. Twice. Three times. Four-

Declined

Jermey shakes his head and calls again.

It rings. Once-