★ forty four ★

I hated this feeling

     I hated this feeling. It was too much for me to handle and even though I tried to put on a brave face in front of the boys, I was more than sure that they were aware of just how miserable I was feeling. I refused to tell them about the phone call that happened between Nikki and I but they're not dumb. As soon as they came back from their booze run, they found me passed out in my bed, taking a sad nap. Which seems to be something I've been doing a lot lately. Yikes. 

I'm actually just waking up from another one right now. It's been like this for over a week. I'm supposed to be working on new material with the guys but all I do is cuddle with Whisky, sleep, write some depressing shit, cry, and let the cycle repeat itself. 

"Hey Ria?" I heard Tony murmur as he slightly opened my bedroom door. 

"Yeah, Tone?" I asked, my voice sounding incredibly raspy and disgusting. 

"Just making sure you're alive," he chuckled softly making me force a small smile in return. "but anyway, there's some people here who wanna see you" 

I gave him a look of confusion, but then he opened the door further to reveal all of the guys from Guns N Roses. 

"What the fuck?" I asked, laughing slightly.

"Surprise!" Steven and Izzy cheered in unison.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you were on tour with Crue" I asked curiously. 

"Well we were.... until Axl and Vince decided to get into a fist fight, on stage. We're kicked off" Duff answered making my jaw drop slightly. 

"Jesus," I let out a sigh, massaging my temples, registering his words. "so who's opening for them now?" 

"Whitesnake" Slash answered. My jaw nearly dropped again and for the first time in what felt like forever, I busted out laughing along with Tony; as well as Jason and Stevie who I just noticed made their way into my room as well.

"I don't get the joke here" Axl admitted, the rest of the guys looking equally as confused. 

Once our laughter died down, Jason decided to fill the boys in. "Nikki fuckin' hates Whitesnake. Claims they're not 'rock n roll' enough or something like that." 

The guys found themselves laughing now as well. 

"Well, since you're all here- let's get the drinks going and I'll order us some pizzas" Stevie offered, earning cheers of agreement from everyone. Well, everyone except me. While I was very happy to see most of GNR, I really just wanted to curl back up under my blankets and pass out again. 

All the guys were filing out of my room except for Axl. He stayed and I felt as if he was staring me down. Once everyone was gone, he decided to speak up. 

"So, when did you get a dog?" Oh, small talk. Lovely. 

"Nikki got him for me a month ago now, I think?" I answered, rubbing behind Whisky's ear as he looked up at me. 

"Nikki got you a dog? Damn, I guess he is serious about you" Axl admitted out loud.

I gave him a funny look. "You're joking, right?" I asked. 

Axl shook his head 'no'. "While you two may not be all right now, you will be in the long run. I haven't seen two people care about each other this much... well... ever." 

"I can't be with him. Not unless he cleans himself up. I don't need to get hurt like that all over again." I sighed. 

"I guess he didn't tell you" Axl spoke barely above a whisper. 

"Tell me what?" I asked curiously. 

"Well-" he cut himself off. "nah, it's not my place. Ask him about it. Or he'll tell you when he's ready I guess." Axl spoke vaguely, making me roll my eyes in frustration. 

"Okay then" I proceeded to give him an odd look. 

"I also wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, which is something that I don't often do. But I shouldn't have talked about you the way that I did. I admit, sometimes I only did it just to piss off Nikki or Vince. But, I shouldn't have done that to you. So, I'm sorry" Axl stared at me with a hint of sorrow in his eyes. 

"Well thank you for that. Can I ask why you felt the need to piss off Vince so much?" I asked.

Axl shrugged. "Dude just pisses me off a lot. So stuck up and rude. And he said that I was just trying to copy his style. Can you believe that?" he asked in disbelief. 

I thought about it for a moment and let out a laugh. "Actually, yeah I can. He can be a bit delusional some times." 

"You can say that again," he rolled his eyes with a smile. "so are we good? You and I?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, we're good." 

"Oh thank God," he smiled, pulling me in for a hug, catching me off guard. Once we pulled away, he spoke up. "all right, let's go have some celebratory drinks!" he offered making me smile and nod in agreement. 

At least things were getting a little easier I guess. 

. . .

A/N: filler? Filler.

My bad, but I felt the need to update and wanted Axl and Ria to make up so bam- done did. 

Next chapter should be better so bear with me please & thank you. Also keep the feedback coming cause I love it and love to hear your guys' input and wants for this story. Thanks again and have a good day/night/week/month/life!