Chapter 61

We turned to leave, not saying a word to anyone. "Yeah, that's right. Just leave. You always were a little pussy." Colby paused but I tugged on his arm to keep going. After a second, he continued to follow me. "Shit, he's actually gonna leave." "Leave it alone Johnny, damn." One of the other guys spoke up but Johnny glared at him, and he shut up. "Doesn't matter. That's why he had his little heart crushed." We had made it to the stairs after what felt like forever, but Johnny just kept talking. "Bet I get that one too. I'll always take it away and she'll be just like Tessa, begging me for it." What in the actual f*ck? I felt Colby move and while I thought that he was about to dart towards Johnny, he was actually trying to hold me back. I was too fast this time and his arm just slid off of me, while I closed the space between me and Johnny, glaring up into his eyes. He was a good foot taller than me, and obviously built, his arms being the size of one of my thighs. I didn't give a shit. I was pissed again and not in control of my emotions or my actions. He looked surprised that I was standing under him but he just curved his lips up into a nasty smirk. "Oh, begging for it already Princess?" I felt someone grab my hand and start to pull just as I brought my other hand back and slapped Johnny across the face as hard as I could. His face turned with the force of my blow, and he turned it back to me slowly. I could see the anger in his eyes, and how much he actually wanted to hit me back. Didn't care. I pointed my finger into his chest and jabbed him. "I am nothing like her. I will never be like her. And You will NEVER touch me. You could never be half the man that Colby is, you piece of f*cking shit." I saw his fist clench by his side, and Colby snatched me behind him. He got so close to Johnny's face, their noses were almost touching. The air in the room was so thick with tension, you could cut it with a knife. "I f*cking dare you Johnny." His voice was steel and gravelly, rough with the amount of force he was putting into it to make his point. Johnny's eyes narrowed at Colby for a moment, then he noticed that everyone was watching them. He leaned his head back and laughed, all malice gone from his face. "What's your problem Brock? I would never hit a female." He flopped back down on the chair and looked up at Colby and I. "You gotta learn how to take a joke bro. You and your chick." He motioned his hand to me, as he reached for his drink. Colby didn't say another word, just pulled me along with him, up the stairs, past everyone still partying, like I didn't just almost get decked by a 300 pound freaking muscle bound idiot. We get outside, and Colby is still dragging me, his long strides making me jog to keep from falling. "Colby!" I yelled. "Will you slow down?!" He let go of my hand and whirled on me, grabbing me by my upper arms. "What the f*ck were you thinking?! What in the actual f*ck, Y/N?" He let go of one of my arms to run his hand through his hair, thoroughly mussing it. His other hand still had my arm in a vice grip, his nails biting into my skin. "You can't just- You don't-" He was so angry that he couldn't get his words out. Honestly, it frightened me a little, even thought I know that Colby would never hurt me. I don't think I've ever seen him this angry before besides the Ireland incident and that wasn't him. Unfortunately, my anger seemed to always be at the top of my skin, ready to boil over these days too. I snatched my arm away from him, and took a step back. "That shithead isn't going to talk about me, or you like that. These people are supposed to be your FRIENDS Colby and they just sat there. What the f*ck was that?" Both of us were breathing erratically, staring each other down. I saw the change in his eyes before he let a long, heavy breath out. He reached for me again, pulling me too him and wrapping his arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around his waist automatically and buried my face in his chest. He kissed the top of my head and then leaned back to look in my eyes. "You can't do that. Not with Johnny. He's.." He brushed my hair behind my ear, sending chills down my spine, while his eyes were full of worry. "He doesn't take kindly to people standing up to him. There will be payback for it. We can't go to that party now. There's no way that he won't be planning something." He shook his head violently. "I can't let him get to you too." I blinked, not understanding what he was saying. "Get to me too? What does that mean? You think I'm going to sleep with him?" My voice was getting more shrill with every word. He pulled me back against him. "No, no, no. That's not what I mean. I just know that he'll try to do something...and then I'm scared of what I might do. I've only felt that angry with one other person, and that was Nick. I wanted to actually kill him, imagining how it would feel to choke the life out of him, watching it drain from his eyes." I sucked in a breath, listening to how dangerous his voice sounded. "I will kill him if he lays a hand on you. It's better to just stay away. The guys here are all still scared of him because of that, and they usually still do what he says, even if they try not to at first." His hand was trailing from the back of my head, down to my back, smoothing my hair. I nodded against his chest. "Let's just through the rest of this week and then we can go back home." I said, my voice muffled. "5 more days. We can avoid him for 5 days." He let go of me but kept my hand in his. "Let's go home."