Chapter 117

I bit my lip and closed my eyes. I loved this man so freaking much, down to my core. Opening my eyes, I met his clear blue gaze. All of the anger was replaced with his worry for me. I wish I could make him stop worrying about me but I knew that wouldn't happen. Especially with this baby. I nodded at him and a small smile curved my lips. "Okay, I'll try to stop worrying so much. That's going to be super hard. It's what I'm good at." Colby laughed, a beautiful, happy expression crossing his face, causing emotion to soar so hard my chest actually hurt from the ache inside of it. A knock on my window made me jump, but only made Colby laugh harder. He rolled the window down to reveal Kristie. "Bitch, were you just going to leave me without saying bye?" My eyes went wide. I had totally forgotten. "I'm so sorry babe, I was just trying to get Colby's crazy ass out of there." She pursed her lips for a second and then shrugged. "Okay, you gotta take care of your man. I get it." She looked over to Colby. "You should've kept hitting his punk ass. Fucking Randy. I hate that asshole....and don't ever call me a little girl again." She pointed her finger at him when she said the last part. I folded my lips inside my mouth, trying to hold back the smile that was threatening to cross my face. He held up both hands in surrender. "Yes ma'am. Sorry. It was the heat of the moment and I just wanted to that dickhead off. Won't happen again." She gave a short nod, and looked over to her brother standing with his girlfriend. Abby had his face in her hands, taking care of his cuts and bruises, waiting on Kristie. "Wonder if he's going to try anything because of this...," her voice trailed off. "I can't have Chris getting in trouble because of this. He's on probation." My eyes grew wide. "For what?!" Chris had always been a total sweetheart who stayed out of trouble. What the hell could he have done? She rolled her eyes and looked back at me. "He got busted for having a baggie of pot on him a little while back. I told him to stop riding with that shit. He got off easy though. 30 days in jail, community service, and a small fine. He just can't get into anymore trouble so soon or he'll go right back in a cell." I shook my head. "Wow." I glanced sideways at Colby. "Somebody else needs to stay out of trouble too or he'll go right back to a cell." He lowered his brows at me, and shrugged. "I'm thinking it'll be worth it, if I can get the chance to shove his head up his own ass." I smacked his shoulder with the back of my hand. "No, it won't be! You have to control that temper of yours when it comes to this. If you don't won't me to worry, then you have to chill." He cut his eyes to me first, then his head followed. "Seriously? When your pregnant ass tried to jump into the middle of a bar brawl? I'm supposed to control my anger?" I scrunched my nose up, trying to think of a good come back. I got nothing. "Yeah...well...." Kristie started laughing. "He's got you there babe. What the hell did you think you were going to do?" I sighed heavily and leaned back against the seat. "I don't know! I wasn't exactly thinking about me being pregnant right then. I just wanted to hit him as hard as I could. It reacted without thinking." "Yeah, you damn right you did. You aren't going to do it again either." Kristie smirked at me when Colby said that. "Ooooo, Daddy laying down the law." I made a face. "Ew, no. We aren't doing the Daddy thing. That's just wrong, with my current situation." Colby laughed, and placed his hand over mine. "Look, I'm going to take y/n home so she can relax and calm her nerves. Why don't we hit you guys up tomorrow or later on in the week and try hanging out at someone's house or something?" Kristie smiled and nodded. "Sounds like a perfect plan. We'll have a bonfire and no two faced cops to deal with." "Sounds perfect," Colby agreed. Kristie leaned in the window to hug me. "I love you sweetie. Text me tomorrow." "I love you too babe. See you later." I waved to Chris and Abby through the window, and Colby put the car in gear, pulling out onto the road. We were silent for a few minutes, listening to music, lost in our own thoughts. "So that was an interesting night." I said, looking out the window, watching the dark trees rush by. "Yeah, it definitely was. I really like your friends though. Kristie is a bad ass." I laughed. "Yeah, she is. She used to take up for me in school. Anyone who tried to speak bad about me, or pick on my clothes because they weren't name brand, or whatever reason...she would punch them dead in the face. The girl spent more time suspended than anyone else I know, but still managed to graduate on time. Serena, Kristie, and I were inseparable." "So even though you have bad memories from your home town, you have some really good memories too." I smiled in the darkness, squeezing his hand. "I guess I do." He nodded. "I'm going to make sure that you have a chance to keep coming back and making good memories without the bullshit baby. I promise." "How exactly are you going to do that? I'd rather stay away from here forever than have you going to jail or, God forbid, prison for however long. I won't lose you so whatever it is you're planning, you better make sure that you stay out of trouble. I mean that. You can lay the order on me about staying out of fights, which I should have done anyways. This is my order. You are not allowed to put yourself in a position that lands you in trouble and I lose you. Do you understand?"