Welcome to beacon

Ozpin POV

Glynda and I were looking out the window where we saw general's Ironwood fleet of airships flying to the kingdom.

Gynda: Ironwood sure loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

Ozpin: Well... running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yea, those are a bit of an eyesore.

The elevator signaled that someone was here.

Ozpin: Come In.

General Ironwood walks in.

Ironwood: Ozpin.

Ozpin: Hello, general.

Ironwood: (walks towards Ozpin) Please, drop the formalities. (Shakes Ozpins hand) It's been to long! And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh James... I'll be outside.

Ironwood: Well she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: So... What in the world has brought you here all the way down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival. (Hands a mug to Ironwood)

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time a year. Besides, with you hosting... I thought this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends... However... The small fleet outside my window has me somewhat concerned.

Ironwood: Well... concern is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult––

Ironwood: Oz... You and I both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin: (takes a sip from his mug) We are in a time of peace. Shows a power like this–– are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: But if what Qrow said is true––

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, than we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal festival; A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I... Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsman and Huntresses we can.

Ironwood: Believe me, I am. But ask yourself this... Do you honestly believe your children can win a war?

Ozpin: I hope they never have to.

As Ironwood was about to leave, Y/N entered the room.

Y/N: Hello Prof. Ozpin. You said to come meet you here?

Ozpin: Yes, please come in. Ironwood, this is the student I was talking about.

Ironwood: Oh yes, Ozpin said you are at the top of all your classes, along with a couple others.

Y/N: Yea. me, Pyrrha, and Weiss are at the top of our classes. With my sister being right behind us. So professor, what is it that call me here?

Ozpin: It's about your family's history. History that your family has kept you from.

Y/N: Why was I kept secret from this?

Ozpin: Your parents were just trying to protect you. But it's time for you to know. After your parents graduated from this academy. They tried to fight the villain. The reason why they tried to defeat it is that they didn't want you two to battle it. They wanted you guys to live in a peaceful life. They were unsuccessful and retreated. It wasn't until years later that they were killed that this great evil has arisen. Tell me, what did you feel when you saw your dead parents and the man that killed them?