Necessary Sacrifice

Reiko POV

Blake, Sun, and I were walking out the house holding paper to get people to sign up for the battle for Haven.

Blake: Ok. Are you ready?

Sun: I beat up on giant monsters and robots more than once, I think I can handle getting a few signatures.

3rd person POV

We all walk around trying to get signatures.

Blake: Your chieftain needs you! Your people need you! Please, join the fight and help us save Haven Academy!

Reiko: C'mon. We need your help to save Haven! Please join up with us! No one is joining. This is gonna be hard.

Sun: Are you kidding me? We'd love to have someone with your skills on our side!

Worried mother: Mata! Get back inside.

Mata: Mom!

Mother: You're not going anywhere!

Reiko: Join up and help us fight. We need you!

Sun: Huh? Huh?

Reiko POV

We'd join up again to share our progress.

Sun: I don't get it! How can they just sit around and do nothing with the White Fang getting ready to attack?!

Reiko: Not everyone is like us. The Faunas here in Menagerie - the ones that weren't born on this island - moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone, and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves.

Sun: I guess I never really thought about it like that.

Blake: The problem is, whatever happens at Haven is going to affect them wether they like it or not. If Adam gets his way and Haven falls, it's only going to make things worse for the Faunas. Everywhere.

Sun: Adam... He's the guy he used to... Work with?

Blake: *Sigh* Yes.

Reiko: It's Adam that killed my parents and separated me from my step siblings.

Sun: Sorry, forget I brought it up.

Reiko: No, it's ok.

Blake: Have you met someone and thought to yourself, "they are the personification of this word."

Sun: Uhhhh...

Blake: Ok, well, I remember getting to know Ruby and thinking, "This girl is the embodiment of 'purity.'" After a while, I saw Weiss was "defiance." Yang was "strength." Ryoko was "innocence." And Y/N was "power."

Sun: What am I?

Blake: Jury's still out on that one, but I'm leaning towards "earnest."

Sun takes a drink from his coconut.

Sun: Ah.

Blake: And I think Reiko as "tough or persistent" in a good way.

Reiko: Really? Hmm. And I never thought of that before.

Blake: At first I though Adam was "justice," then I thought he was "passion." But over time, I realized I was wrong. He wasn't any of those things. He was "spite." Not "hatred", not "rage", "spite."

Reiko: Got that right.

Blake: He won't accept equality, only suffering for what he feels the world did to him, and his way of thinking is dangerously contagious. That's what worries me about Ilia. She's not like Adam, not yet al least, but I don't know how long that will last.