Painting the town...

Ruby POV

Ryoko and I are surprised at what Penny just said.

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand.

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an aura. I'm not real.

Ryoko: (grabs Penny's hand and closes them) Of course you are.

Ruby: You think just because you got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you less real than us?

Penny: I don't, um... you two are taking this extraordinarily well.

Ryoko: You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart and a soul. I can feel it.

Penny: Oh! Oh you guys! (Grabbing us for a hug) You're the best friends anyone could have!

Ruby: (Strained) I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!

Penny: (Releases us) Oh, he's ver sweet. My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would just love him!

Ryoko: Wow, he built you all by himself?

Penny: Well almost, he had some help from Mr. Ironwood.

Ruby: The general? Wait, is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me too!

Ryoko: Pfft. They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet. One day, it will be my job to save the world. But I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the tournament.

Ruby: Penny, What are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace.

Penny: That's not what Mr. Ironwood said.

Soldier 1: Check down here!

Penny: You two have to hide!

She grabs us and is walking toward a dumpster.

Ruby: Penny! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them we can help you!

Penny: (drops us in the destiny) It's ok guys, they're not bad people. I just don't want you two to get in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone about my secret. Ok?

Ruby/Ryoko: I promise.

The soldiers got to her.

Soldier 1: There she is!

Penny: Salutations, officers!

I open the lid a little to see what was happening.

Soldier 2: Why were you running? And what happened to those other girls?

Penny: What girls? I've been by myself all day. (hiccup)

Soldier 1: You shouldn't cause such a scene.

Soldier 2: Are you ok?

Penny: (shows her hands to the officers) Just a scratch.

Soldier 1: Penny, your father isn't going to be happy about this.

Soldier 2: Please, just come with us.

Penny: Yes, sir!

A rat squeaks scaring me making me close the lid hitting Ryoko on the head.