True Colors

Reiko POV

Ghira was about to get attacked by a WF member, but I shocked him with my staff. Fennec and Corsac fires their weapon at Ghira, but I jumped in front of him and holds their attacks back by twirling my staff.

Reiko: Hurry!

Blake jumps down from upstairs and in front of Fennec and Corsac. When they aimed at her, Blake made an ice clone trapping their hands. Blake and Sun ran over to us.

Blake: Dad, where's Mom?

Ghira: I'm not sure, I got ambushed right away.

Blake: Once we take down Corsac and Fennec––

Ghira: No, go now.

Blake: But––

Ghira: You keep assuring me your friend isn't a complete wast of space. Let's see him prove it!

Sun: We got this, Blake, Reiko. I've wanted to sock these creeps since the day we met.

Ghira: You'll  have to get in line. Blake, Reiko, Go!

We ran to find Kali, but we found Ilia on the ledge of the second floor instead.

Ilia was reaching for her weapon as I readied my staff(Paladin Beauty) and Blake readies her gambol shroud.

Y/N POV

I heard Qrow and Oz talking which peaked my curiosity.

Oz: I think we can both agree that the situation could be much worse. Humanity is a resilient force.

Qrow: Oz... Pro Huntsman like that don't just bite it all at once. Salem's powerful. It seems like her reach is growing by the day. What does that say about humanity?

Oz: That there are indeed a misguided few who have filled their hearts with malice. It doesn't take a great number of people to cause harm. But I still believe there are dark more people in this world willing to prevent it.

Y/N: Um... Excuse me?

Oz: Ah Mr. L/N. Join us. We were just about to gather everyone to discuss our next steps.

Y/N: Oh, um, great.

Qrow: Is there something on your mind, Y/N?

Y/N: Uh, it's... If it's okay to ask.

Qrow: Of course.

Y/N: Well, uh... We've been talking about the Relic at Haven... and the Spring Maiden, but... what about the Fall Maiden?

Oz: Cinder?

Y/N: Does that mean... Salem has the Beacon Relic?

Oz and Qrow exchanged looks before looking back to me.

Oz: Very astute, Mr. L/N. I was wondering who would be the first to ask. No. Thankfully, she does not. It's true that the Relic at Haven is very much at risk, and for now, that should remain our primary focus. Let's just say I made finding the Relic at Beacon a... bit more challenging than at the other schools.

Y/N: That's good to hear.

Oz: It is. But let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us.

I just nod at this.

Oz: Now, is there anything else we can help you with?

Y/N: Well... there is one more question...

Oz: No, my cane is not a Relic.

Y/N: That was... the question.

We all started to laugh.

Oz: Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that- precious to me. While I admit it does have a few tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a Relic isn't one of them. Now why don't you run and get the other students?