Mountain Glenn

Y/N POV

I wasn't tired, so I just waited for my turn to go keep watch and looked into the night sky.

Yang: Hey Y/N?

Y/N: (turns to face her) What is it?

Yang: Why do you think he asked us about being a huntress? Like... what was he trying to say?

Y/N: I don't know... curiosity.

Yang: Ya think?

Blake: No. I was just kidding.

Yang: Weiss? Blake? Ryoko? Are any of you awake?

Weiss: Of course I'm awake! You two are talking!

Ryoko: Calm down Weiss. No need to be mean.

Blake: I'm awake.

Weiss: I think he... When I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But... It's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a... moral grey area.

Blake: That's putting it lightly.

Weiss: Which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to be the end of it.

Blake: All my life, I fought for what I thought was right. I had a partner... named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be... not perfect for everyone. I joined the academy because I knew huntsman and huntresses were regarded as the most noble warrior in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the academy... What will I-? How can I undo so many years of hate?

Ryoko: You'll figure it out... I never seen you back down from a challenge before, Blake.

Blake: But I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a faunas, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my...! Semblance. I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself. An empty copy that takes a hit while I run away.

Y/N: When my parents died and my sister was taken from me, I didn't know... what to do. I was wandering around trying to find answers on your disappearances. But, instead you came to me. And when you said it was my fault that they died, I had a feeling you weren't in you right mind. And I was correct. (Begins to tear up) If I-I was there w-with y-you, I could have d-done something to h-help. Maybe than they would be a-alive.

I then felt a warm embrace that I haven't felt since I was a kid. It was Ryoko hugging me.

Ryoko: It wasn't your fault Y/N. If you were there, you could've died too. We fight for what is right. We decided to take this path, because of there death.

Yang: You all have something that drives you. I've just kinda always gone with the flow you know? And that's fine, I mean that is who I am. But how long can I really do that for? I wanna be a huntress... not really because I wanna be a hero. But because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a huntress just happens to line up with that. I'm not like Ruby. She always wanted to be a huntress. It's like she said. Ever since she was a kid, she dreamt about being the heroes in the book. Helping people and saving the day and never asking for anything else in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today.