Chapter 45: I Think He Likes You

After the sex I had with Michael I was angry with myself again. It's like a never ending cycle. I dont think about anything else at the time and I enjoy the moment, but then afterwards I feel so bad. I'm literally a dirty secret and I don't like the thought of him fucking me and then going home to Meghan. It makes me feel shit to know I'm some bit on the side, and I'm basically a home wrecker, but I keep fucking doing it! He started it off and I didn't say no. I wanted him so bad, but why do I do it when it makes me feel awful afterwards? I didn't think we would have sex again after the last time...

------

I finish getting ready and head down to put my shoes on. I walk in to the kitchen to grab my bag and Nick looks at me.

"You look nice."

"Thanks." I raise an eyebrow.

"You actually have a day off today?" He chuckles.

"Yeah, I get them now and again." I smile.

"Where are you going?"

"Christmas shopping."

"Do you need me to drive you?"

"No thanks. I'm going with Jace." I look away from him.

I dont want to see his reaction because I'm not in the mood to have an argument.

"He was all upset the other day over his dying dad, and now he's going Christmas shopping? He got over that quick."

I roll my eyes.

"It was my idea. I asked him if he wanted to go. I thought it would be good for him."

"Seeing everyone happy and buying presents for their family, when his dad might not even make Christmas."

I give him a look.

"Nick, that's really cold hearted."

"I'm speaking the truth!"

"It just something to take his mind off of things. Hes constantly thinking about his dad..."

"Sam, it's nice what you're doing, but you got to remember he is your ex. His problems aren't your problems any more. You need to move on from him."

"I am moved on from him." I sigh.

"Really? Because it seems like you've still got feelings for him."

"He was an important part of my life... and right now I feel for him because I know what he is going through. I don't want him to think hes going to be alone through all of this."

"He isn't. He has his mom and his sister."

"He doesn't see his mom, and I think his sister is busy with her life. He's always been close to his dad."

Nick rolls his eyes.

"So you're the only one who's going to make him feel better then? Even though you're nothing to do with him now."

I make a face.

"I'm just being a friend."

"I dont know how you do it?" He shakes his head. "If I got cheated on I'd never want to see them again. How can you be friends with him?"

I sigh and hear my phone go off. I look at it.

"Jace is outside."

"Yeah, I can hear him. Does he still ride that fucking bike?" He laughs.

I give him a look and turn around.

"I'm easy with gifts by the way." He calls after me. "Anything food or alcohol related will be good."