Chapter 51: Baby Please Come Home

I pick up my breakfast bowl and look at Nick as I walk over to the sink.

"You will apologise to him today wont you?"

"Yes." He rolls his eyes. "I've already told you I'll say sorry."

"Good." I smile. "I'm going to worry though while I'm at work so please don't start another fight."

"I wont." He shakes his head.

"Ok." I give him a look.

I finish getting ready and then me and Nick leave the house. I hear raised voices and look over at Michael's house. Him and Meghan look like they're having a heated conversation... I see Meghan look over at me and Nick, but I quickly look away and continue to walk over to Nick's car.

"Sam." I hear Meghan call out.

She sounds angry... I turn and look at her, showing a little smile. She starts walking over to me.

"Meg, wait." Michael says, quickly going after her.

Oh shit... what has Michael told her?

"What the hell has your brother done to Michael?" She asks lowering her eyebrows, and then looks at Nick.

I widen my eyes and look at Nick. I then look at Michael and see how bruised his cheek is. I frown and shake my head. I don't know what to say.

"Uh, they-"

"I punched him." Nick speaks up.

Meg glares at him.

"Why?! Look what you've done to his face! What possessed you to do that?" She scoffs.

My heart is beating so fast right now. I look at Nick. He sighs and makes a face, before answering her. Please don't make the situation worse Nick...

"We had some weed, and got in to a fight."

"Weed?!" She raises her eyebrows and then looks at Michael.

Shit. I seal my lips together. Nick just grassed on Michael... Michael nods slowly.

"Yeah..." He says quietly.

"You don't do drugs Michael? You don't even smoke!"

"I offered him some." Nick looks at him.

Meg shakes her head.

"So I'm away for one night, and you start doing drugs and get in to a fight?!"

"It was my fault." Nick shakes his head. "I was going to apologise to Michael today. I don't remember why we started fighting? It just happened, we were both high."

Meghan lowers her eyebrows and shakes her head in disbelief.

"This doesn't sound like you Michael." She frowns.

"I know I shouldn't have done it. Things just got carried away." Michael frowns and then looks at me.

I look down and keep quiet.

"You work for charities. What will people think when they see your face all beaten up at work?"

"It will be fine." Michael sighs and shakes his head.

Meghan shakes her head.

"I just can't believe this." She sighs and looks at me. "Did you know this happened?"

"I... I was at work." I shake my head. "But Nick said they got in to a fight and I told him off for the drugs. I'm sorry."

Meghan glares at Michael.