Chapter 61: Tomorrow's A New Day

My plane lands in Spain. I called my dad when I was at the airport and he said he would pick me up. I grab my luggage and make my way through the airport. I haven't seen my dad in a long time, so this is gonna feel a bit weird.

I look around for him and see him in the distance. I walk towards him and then he sees me and smiles widely. He walks towards me with his arms open and brings me in for a hug. I put my arms around him, hugging him. He rubs my back and then kisses my head.

"I've missed you Sammie."

I show a little smile and pull away from him. He looks down at me and frowns when he sees some scratches on my arms.

"Can you tell me what's happened?" He frowns.

I try not to tear up and I shake my head.

"I'm really tired..."

He gives me a look and nods, seeing I don't want to talk about it.

"Yeah... you must be hungry too. Let's get you home." He shows a little smile and helps me with my luggage.

I know I'm going to have to explain what's happened, but I'm going to feel so bad telling him what I've done. I don't want to feel like he will judge me... I stay pretty quiet as we go to his car.

----

My dad kept trying to talk to me in the car and I could see he kept looking over at me, making sure I was ok. I stared out of the window most of the time until we got to his house.

"Go inside. I'll bring in your stuff." He looks over at me as we get out of his car.

"Ok, thanks." I nod and make my way in to the house.

I walk in and see Nick getting food out of the fridge. He turns around and raises his eyebrows.

"Sam."

I make a face, surprised to see him.

"You're still living with dad?"

"Yeah." He nods. "He told me you were coming. What's happened?" He frowns.

I stare at him and then dad walks through, putting down my luggage.

"Is it to do with Michael?"

I don't say anything. My dad lowers his eyebrows and looks at me.

"Michael?"

I lock my jaw and sigh.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"God sake." Nick shakes his head. "I knew it would blow up. I told you you couldn't trust him." He notices the scratches. "How did you get them?!"

"I said I don't want to talk about it." I frown, beginning to get upset.

"Hey, it's alright. You can talk to us when you're ready." My dad says, trying to calm me down. "The important thing is you're here and you're ok."

I look down, going quiet.

"I want to lay down..."

"Ok." Dad shows a little smile and then puts his hand on my back, leading me out of the kitchen.

I glance at Nick as I walk out and he frowns. My dad takes me in to one of the bedrooms and I sit on the bed.

"I can make you something-"

"No." I shake my head. "Thanks... but I just want to sleep."

My dad frowns and then nods slowly.

"Ok, I'll make you something after you've had some rest."

I nod slowly. He shows a little smile and goes to leave the room.