Chapter 59: The Show Must Go On

So, today is the big day. The sun is shining brightly too... it's a nice day for a wedding...

I stare at my dress, hung up in my wardrobe. I was planning on wearing this to the wedding:

 I was planning on wearing this to the wedding:

But honestly I know I shouldn't go to it... part of me wants to go to see what Michael will do... and if he goes through with it that's it. It's all over. Me and him are through. I am crazy for even thinking about going to it. Everyone is expecting me to be there too... or I could just finish packing my stuff and leave for good. I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

I go back to packing some of my things but then hear a knock on my front door. I lower my eyebrows and go downstairs to open it.

Alicia shows a little smile. I stare at her with a straight face.

"Hey." She says softly.

I glance down at what shes wearing, seeing shes all dressed up for the wedding. I guess it's all still going ahead then.

"Shouldn't you be at the wedding?" I ask sounding blunt.

She frowns.

"I wanted to see if you were ok. You aren't answering my texts."

I make a face and fold my arms.

"I'm fine."

She gives me a look.

"Sam, I'm really sorry about last night."

I look down.

"You're my best friend and we never fight... especially over men."

I nod slowly and look at her.

"I'm sorry too..." I say quietly. "I was drunk... and upset."

"I know." She frowns. "You're going through a hard time."

"I shouldn't have gone off at you like that though. You were trying to help."

She shows a little smile.

"And you were right. I have been selfish."

"I didn't mean what I said." She shakes her head.

"No, it's true Al. I've been wrapped up in everything that's going on with me and not caring about anyone else."

She frowns.

"I'm happy for you." I smile. "I'm so glad you're in love and you've found someone who treats you well. Jermaine is a good guy and you're like a sister to me. I'm not going to ruin things for you." I shake my head. "I would hate myself if I was the reason anything were to happen between you and Jermaine because none of this is your fault. He can't blame you for Michael cheating. The only ones to blame is me and Michael, so he can have beef with me if he wants beef."

Alicia laughs softly and I show a little smile.

"I just want you to be happy too Sam." She frowns. "I hate seeing you so upset. For the last 5 or 6 months you've been all over the place with your emotions and I've never seen you like this before."