Chapter 54: I Keep On Fallin

I storm out of the coffee shop and Alicia runs after me.

"Sam!" She calls out.

I ignore her and head for Michael. He's still flirting with that woman. I clench my jaw and shake my head. I see him hug her and widen my eyes. How long has he known her for?! Suddenly Alicia grabs my arm. I turn and look at her.

"He ain't worth this Sam. Don't lower yourself to his level. If you go shouting at him then he's won. Show him you don't care!"

"I'm done with showing I don't care." I shake my head. "Because I do care Al." I frown, trying not to cry.

"I know." She frowns. "But its like you said, he's just doing his job. Maybe he wasn't-"

"He looked like he knew her Al." I scoff. "He just hugged her! They looked pretty cosy to me. He's probably fucking her too." I take my arm away from her.

"Sam." She frowns and follows me.

I turn around and continue to walk over to Michael. I see that girl has just started to walk off. I glare at her and then Michael. I get closer to him and he turns his head, looking at me. He sees that I'm not happy and instantly looks serious.

"Sam."

I clench my jaw, ready to go off.

"Look, about earlier, I just wanna say I'm so-"

"Working hard are you?" I cut him off.

He lowers his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I said are you working hard?"

"Uh, yeah?" He nods slowly.

"I could see that." I nod. "I was just watching you."

"Watching me?" He let's out a soft laugh.

"Don't laugh at me." I shake my head.

He slowly stops smiling and lowers his eyebrows. I sigh in frustration.

"Did you get her number?"

"What are you talking about?!"

I raise my eyebrows and scoff.

"What am I talking about?!"

"Yeah!?" He looks confused.

I laugh and shake my head.

"I should have known not to trust men like you, but I just have to get myself involved with liars and cheats."

He gives me a look and then looks around at people walking past us. He sighs and looks at me.

"I really don't know what you're-"

"Oh come on Michael! You can lie to Meghan and she'll believe it, but you can't lie to me! I just fucking saw you!"

He widens his eyes.

"Sam-"

"That pretty girl, with the dark, curly hair? The girl that you were literally just flirting with! The girl you were just all over! Ring a bell now?!"

He sighs and shakes his head.

"Sam, I'm working. People are looking over at us. Can we talk about this-"

"I don't care. You think you can just get away with everything? You think you can have any girl you want, because you're handsome and act all cute?" I scoff. "You made me feel shit about sleeping with Jace, but how do you feel Michael? You have multiple women on the go and you're engaged! You should be the one feeling guilty."