Chapter one

"Welcome back everyone!", Luke greeted. Next to him stood Valentine, Alaric, Jocelyn and a woman that Alec has never seen before. Magnus, Alec, Raphael and all the other students gathered around in Training room one and cheered. "I hope summer break was awesome for everyone!" "Yesssss!", Everyone screamed in response. Luke chuckled:" Alright, that's awesome. Still, I have a couple of announcements to make." "Do you know who that woman is?", Alec whispered but Magnus just shrugged:" I guess we will find out." "First of all we have a new member to our NYABM Tutoring team- please welcome Helen Blackthorn!" A wave of applause filled the room. "Hello everyone!", The young woman said. She sounded nice and she looked quite nice as well, " Thanks for the applause. Maybe some of you have noticed that Ollie, the head of this dance school isn't here with us now. I have been given the honour to tell you that she left this academy as she left to maternity leave. Like this, I am the new head of NYABM from now on!" Everyone clapped their hands, although Alec could tell by the looks on the other students faces that they were only partly happy about the change. "Alright, so now that you know that, there will be a couple more changes this school year. Our new year-one-students will be paired each with a year-two-student so they get a little help to get started here. You guys probably remember how it has been in the first months so we will make the pairs tomorrow and you will have to help your partner. We have eight students in year one and eight students in year two so that matches perfectly." Alec frowned:" Wait, who left? I only know about Clary." Maia leant over:" Sebastian had to leave too. He wasn't good enough. Do you know why Clary had to leave?" "She figured out it wasn't the right for him. Somehow, she stayed in contact with Jace and they decided they might move together." Maia gave Alec a confused look. "Try are that serious?" Alec nodded and got his attention back to Luke. "So, year three will start with performing at the theater and do shows for entertainment so you won't have to worry about the new people coming in. And we have a third thing to say.", Luke continued. Alec sighed and tried to make himself comfortable on the training floor. This little meeting seemed to take a little longer than expected. "Later in the year,", Luke continued, "you will have to do a project of two weeks where year two and three will leave NYABM to learn different dance styles from what you usually do, to expand your horizon as a dancer." Magnus smiled:" That sounds fun." "It does.", Alec answered and zipped up his jacket as it was starting to get cold in the room. "So, this year will bring lots of changes but I guess it will be as amazing as last year so I can't wait for the journey to continue. Now, please bring your stuff to your rooms, training starts tomorrow! Let's get back to that NYABM groove, guys!", Luke finished and Alec smiled brightly:" Hell, I have missed this place." "Me too.", Magnus chuckled and helped Alec up. "Hey, Alec!", Maia said and pulled her dance partner into a hug, "It's been a minute since I saw you the last time!" Alec laughed:" Yeah, it really was. I missed you, sunshine." "How was Paris?", She asked, all excited. "It was awesome, not gonna lie. And the French dancers are so good! It has taught me and Magnus quite something." Alec replied. "It did!", Magnus added. It was amazing to spend part of summer break at Paris with Alec because without that, he would have no idea how to survive six weeks without seeing him every day. "Hey guys!", Raphael joined and gave everyone hugs. "Hey Raph! Man, how have you been?", Alec asked. "I visited my family back in Boston and relaxed a little. Last year has been quite draining and it's amazing to feel like a human again." Magnus laughed:" That's relatable. So, how has it been? Did your parents ask you to show you some stuff from dancing?" Raphael rolled his eyes:" Yup. My parents, my grandparents, my siblings, my aunts and uncles gathered around to celebrate my grandma's birthday as a whole family in a restaurant and all of a sudden my grandma asks me to dance for her. So the cleared some space and I had to perform in a shirt, suit pants and socks on wooden ground in front of the entire restaurant with no warm up." "No!", Alec laughed, "Wow that's embarrassing." "It was!", Raphael sighed, "but to be honest I didn't even do my best because that situation was too risky for me. And I mean they were satisfied with some basic stuff." Alec grinned:" Oh man, that's literally so embarrassing." Raphael nodded and Magnus interrupted the conversation:" Guys, can we maybe chat later? I'd love to get my suitcase upstairs and make our room ready and we probably should start now if we want to finish before lunch." Alec agreed and followed his boyfriend upstairs to the same room they had last year. "Feels good to be back!", Magnus said and Alec chuckled. There were quite some memories he shared with this place. It was where he experiences so much joy, love and pain the last year. This was where he met Magnus and fell in love with him. "Do you remember how we fell asleep on the kitchen floor last winter?, Magnus chuckled and Alec nodded:" I have never been that sore in my entire life." Magnus laughed and scratched his forehead:" I have to admit, it wasn't one of our wisest choices." "It really wasn't.", Alec replied and threw his suitcase on his bed to start unpacking all this clothes. It felt like home again. He was home.