Chapter twenty-two

"You look beautiful.", Raphael said as Maureen met him in the hallway. She wore a pastel pink, flowy skirt and a white top. Her dark brown curly hair was worn open- he has never seen it not squeezed in a bun or put into a ponytail. She looked absolutely amazing. Her silver jewelry glittered in the light of the laterns. The sun was about to set. "You don't look bad yourself.", she said and they started walking. Raphael went for dark blue pants, a matching bomber jacket and a white shirt. He fidgeted for her hand and held it. She squeezed it. He automatically started smiling. "Where are we going?", she asked. Raphael chucked:" Far away from the crazyness." "Sounds good.", she said. They started talking. About their families, friends, hometowns... They talked about everything non-dance related. And it felt so good. He made her laugh and she made him feel like the luckiest guy on earth. "We're here.", Raphael said half an hour later. It was an abandoned bench in central park with a beautiful view. The sky's color matched Maureens skirt. Through the pink and purple clouds you could see some stars. "Raphael?", she asked out of nowhere. "Hm?", he replied and turned his face towards her. "Do you think I am pretty?", she stuttered quitely. "Of course I do.", Raphael replied and slowly pushed one strand of her curly chocolate brown hair out of her face. " You are the prettiest girl I know. Your eyes outshine the stars, your face looks angelic, your mouth is graceful. Maureen, your body is perfection, your hair is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Your hands are elegant, you have the neck of a dancer. You are very, very beautiful, Maureen. And I might be the luckiest guy in the world right now to sit here and share this moment with you." "Do you mean it?", she sobbed. "Every piece of it.", Raphael said and leant forwards. His lashes poked his cheeks as he closed his eyes and a wave of emotion hit his body when his lips touched Maureens. It was as if he has been struck by lightning, electrified. It was as if an angels wing stroke his lips. And there was no bigger relief than Maureen leaning in the kiss as well. It wasn't even a minute until their lips parted, but for Raphael it felt like a million years. It was only then that he noticed the hand that has been holding Maureens face was wet. WHen he looked up, he saw why- her mascara made a graceful, flowy line down her cheek. "What you said was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me." Raphael smiled weakly:" You deserve it." When he peeled his gaze of her face he noticed the sun set by now and they were covered in darkness. The stars shone brightly and you could see the moon. He noticed Maureen shivering. "Do you want my jacket?", he asked but Maureen shook her head:" Thank you, I'll be good." "No, take it.", he replied and shrugged it off right before placing it on her shoulders. "It's getting late- I think we should go.", He said and she agreed.

"How did it go?", Maia asked joyfully as Maureen came back. All the color left her face as she saw Maureens smeared Mascara. "Are you okay?" Maureen nodded and smiled weakly:" I asked him if I was beautiful." Maia bit her lip and pulled her into a hug. SHe knew this was a really sensible spot for Maureen. "He said the nicest things a guy has ever said to me." Maias eyes widened:" That's good, right?" Maureen nodded:" It is. It's the best. And then he kissed me." "Was it good?", Maia asked. "It was perfect."

"Hey, sorry I am late.", Alec sighed and shrugged off his dancebag. "Magnus?", he asked. Usually Magnus was home before him. Slowly, he walked towards the bedroom, hoping he would find Magnus asleep. Everything inside of him froze as he saw his and Magnus' bed empty. "Magnus?!", he called louder, his voice rough of worry. That was when he heard a silent sob. Alec stumbled towards the bathroom. The bathroom door was locked. "Magnus!", he shouted. He heard the water running. It was the shower. "MAGNUS!", he screamed. "Magnus, please, open the door.", he begged, knocking until his hand felt numb. "Magnus, whatever you are doing, let me come in! Let me help you! Magnus!", Alec screamed. The fear made it hard to breathe, Alec gasped, tears shot up his eyes:" MAGNUS, PLEASE!" The water was still running but he thought he heard Magnus cry. "Mags, I'll be right back, I will get something to open the door with!" As if the devil was haunting him he ran to Simons and Raphaels room. "Simon, Raph, open up!", he screamed and knocked. His hands were shaking, he couldn't breathe. He has never been as afraid in his life. "What's-", Simon asked as he opened the door but Alec pushed him aside and stormed to the bathroom. He snatched the key out of his lock and squeezed his fist around it- he could only pray it was the same one in every room and the door would open from the outside. "What's wrong?", Simon asked concernedly. "Magnus.", Alec gasped and pronouncing his name made the fear and pain 10 times worse. Simon squinted to his room with him. All Alec could hear was Magnus' voice, he could feel his lips on his own, his hands sensated his hair. But he wasn't there. His hands were shaking but through a miracle he managed to put the key in the lock and turn it around. The bathroom was steamy and the shower was running. "Magnus!", he screamed and tears escaped his eyes, blurring his vision. He could see Magnus sitting in the shower, his knees pulled up to his chest, his face covered in his hands. His hair was soaked and his skin was wrinkled as if he has been there for a long time. "Magnus.", Alec sighed with his last gasp of air and sunk on the ground.  

Hey guys- wow this has been an emotional chapter. Leave your thoughts in the comments! WHat do you thing of Raphreen? And what is wrong with Magnus? Leave your theories here! Also this chapter is a little longer but I didn't want to let you guys hang on a complete cliffhanger! I hope you are staying safe and doing well!