Chapter sixty-seven

"Do I look good?", Magnus asked and Alec chuckled:" You always do." Magnus smiled gently and pressed a kiss on Alec's cheek. "I have waited years to wear this suit, I can't believe it I let this gem sleep in my closet since I bought it at eighteen.", Magnus sighed and checked himself in the mirror again. "Your suits from when you were eighteen still fit you?", Alec asked, flabbergasted. "It has surprised me as well.", Magnus replied and finally stepped away from the mirror. His suit was made out of fake dark green and gold snake skin which looked insane with his simple black shirt. He matched his suit with Dark green shimmering eyeliner and golden ear-cuffs that looked a bit like snakes. "Damn, I'm jealous. I got this suit last summer, it's not even a year old and I could barely fit into it. I mean I know I have gained weight, but that was a bit shocking.", Alec chuckled, trying to tame his hair. "It's the hustle for the muscle.", Magnus joked. "Right.", Alec said sarcastically and gave up on his hair. "Let me fix that for you.", Magnus offered and started doing his work. Sometimes he left Alec no choice but to believe he had magic hands or something. Especially compared to his boyfriends' extra outfit, he wore a painfully basic black suit with a white shirt. The only thing exciting about his outfit was the piercing blue tie that Magnus gifted him for his birthday last year as it fit his eyes, in his opinion. "Okay, I think we're good to go!", Magnus stated and presented Alec the magic he has done on his hair. "That looks perfect, let's go.", Alec said and made sure all their necessities were safely stored in the pockets of their suits. It felt weird walking the halls of NYABM in suits and ties- usually everyone was running around in tights and sweaty T-Shirts, ruining the elegant feeling of the halls. But now, them stepping down the enormous stone stairs with their dress shoes, looking at the blue and gold ceiling, it felt as if they actually achieved something. They could already hear some soft lounge music coming from the assembly room. No nobody's surprise the stage was set up, ready for the graduates to walk. It was already quite full in there, most people were already there. "Hey there!", Maia greeted and Alec gasped- he has never seen Maia like this. Her skin shimmered delicately under her long red flowy dress, her eyes seemed irrationally green in comparison. Her curs were defined and partly braided to the side, she wore matching red lipstick and a dash of mascara. "Whoaaa.", Alec laughed, "You look fabulous!" "You don't look so bad yourself.", Maia smiled, "But are you implying I don't usually?" "No, sure", Alec blushed. "It's all good, I'm kidding.", Maia laughed and boxed his against his upper arm. A few steps further away Alec spotted Jonathan and Aline matching in dark red. Then Gretel and Simon joined in. "Thank god, another basic guy!", Alec exhaled in relief and hugged his friend, also wearing black and white. "I mean we're all basic compared to your boyfriend.", he said and earned himself an admiring smirk from Magnus. Gretel besides him wore a gorgeous white dress that complemented her hair really nicely. "Has anyone seen Raph and Maureen?", Maia asked. "Probably making out in the halls.", Simon joked. "Nope, actually we preferred the bathroom.", Raphael said, suddenly walking in on the conversation from behind. Due to the music, no one has heard them coming in. "I'm kidding.", he smirked and hugged everyone. A few seconds later Maureen entered the room. "Hey girl!", Maia squeaked and pulled her best friend into a hug. Maureen wore a beautiful short lilac dress and matching heels. "Oh, a navy suit, I see.", Simon commented Raphaels outfit. "Felt inappropriate to wear the funeral suit to prom.", Raphael chuckled, showing everyone it was okay to laugh. "Man, you need to stop making these dark jokes.", Alec laughed. Before Raphael could answer, Valentine's voice echoed through the entire room. "Dear students! Today is a special day, two of our year three students are graduating! But first I want to name the two people staying for a fourth year- Magnus Bane and Camille Belcourt!" "Did you know this?", Alec asked as he whirled around to Magnus who has dropped his jaw, shaking his head:" No idea." "They will join our soon year-three students in their training, so get to know each other if you still don't. But this night is not about them, it's about two breathtaking dancers whom I had the honor of co-mentoring alongside Lucian Graymark- an Applause for Ragnor Fell and Heidi McKenzie who have successfully finished their education here at the New York Academy of Ballett and Modern! Congratulations on your big moment!" Applause swell in the room as Ragnor and Heidi walked the stage and got their certificates. "We wish Ragnor best of luck in his job at Cirque de Soleil and all the best for Heidi in her year abroad in Russia at the Bolschoi Theatre!", Luke announced, "Have an awesome night everybody! You deserved prom!" Everyone cheered, including a to Alec unfamiliar voice. As he looked around he noticed Camille as approached their group. Her long black dress was shimmering under the shimmering lights. "Seems like we're going to be seeing a lot of each other next year.", she grinned. "Can't wait.", Alec replied sarcastically. With a fake smirk Camille turned around and walked away. "Okay, sassy.", Raphael chuckled and laid his arm around his best friend. "Let's get this party started!", she screamed and someone turned up the music. "We made it!", Magnus screamed. "We did!", Alec replied ecstatically. "That year was hell!", Magnus laughed. "With you, hell is nothing more than a very heated sauna.", Alec joked. "Good point.", Magnus admitted and pressed his lips on Alecs- this was all he needed. This was it. This was love.

Hello beautiful people! Well, this is it. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did and are as excited as me for part three! If you have read other stories of mine you know that after this, there will be one more chapter, the epilogue, where I write a bit about what this story means to me personally and some other things, it would be great if you would still check that out, it will be up in a few days- until then, do you have any questions (this book, the next one, anything) that you would want me to answer in the epilogue? Leave a comment!

PS: Revealing the name of the third book as soon as HeartBEAT hits 10k! Very close, stay tuned!

XOXO AllyMaii, it was a pleasure having you here.