Chapter fifty-two

"Congratulations!", Alec cheered and pulled Magnus into a hug. "Thank you.", he smiled. "God, I am so proud of you!", Alec added after he let go. His eyes sparkled with happiness. "I am kind of proud of myself too."; Magnus admitted, still widely smiling. "As you should.", Alec said and pressed an enthusiastic kiss on Magnus' mouth. "Whoa- that was intense.", Magnus gasped in positive surprise. "Too much?", Alec asked but Magnus shook his head:" No, not at all. I am just surprised of all this energy- where is all of this coming from?" "I don't know- I am just really proud of you. I mean you got that solo because of you! You did that without any help from anyone or anything- I just hope this finally shows you that you are a fabulous dancer and perfect the way you are- without any doping. You don't need to pretend to be someone else, you are so enough- and I feel like you finally are starting to see it too.", Alec sighed. "I think I am.", Magnus smiled and gave Alec another long kiss. "I am sorry I didn't manage to cook anything special to celebrate- maybe tomorrow?", Alec excused himself. He has felt bad about it the entire time but there wasn't anything he could do now. "That's totally fine, you don't have to excuse yourself for that!", Magnus smiled and kissed Alec again- Alec was just too good to him. Magnus was used to getting spoiled with delicious food or intimate massages, and it has only recently occurred to him how incredibly lucky he was with those types of things. Alec loved to celebrate success, make moments special, cherish the little things- he would surprise Magnus with a dinner to make him feel better or organize a picknick after a stressful week. And he was so good at that. He was so good at keeping things interesting, new, fascinating. Alec was amazing at gestures of all size. "What were you doing in the early evening, then?", Magnus asked while he walked to the kitchen to grab an apple. "Uhm, well, I had to take care of a little situation.", Alec stuttered- it was obvious he didn't want to talk about that topic. "Which situation?", Magnus asked slightly worried. "It doesn't really matter...", Alec tried to avoid it but Magnus knew who he was talking to. "You can tell me.", Magnus said and propped himself against the kitchen counter- well that was going to be interesting. He has suspected something from the very start but this just got very obvious- Alec wasn't good at hiding stuff from him. "Fine, so on the midterm party, we had this whole Julian-Emma-alcohol-situation.", Alec started and Magnus already sensed bad. "So apparently they got so drunk, their hangover the next day was so bad that they skipped practice for the entire day. Because I was so pissed at them at the party already, they decided not to say anything and just act like it never happened- until today. On our way back to NYABM, Maia and I get multiple calls from the both of them, begging for our help- as karma wished, on the day they skipped, they got assigned to choreograph a new dance- and it was due tomorrow. Somehow, they only found out about it today. So, they called us, crying, begging for our help to choreograph a duet in a bit more than an hour." "So, did you go?", Magnus asked. Alec nodded. When he saw the anger on Magnus' face, he immediately started proving his point:" We didn't have much of a choice, did we? We can't say that we are too lazy or too busy to come, they were so desperate." "Well, you could have still said no!", Magnus yelled, "At least you promised to me that you wouldn't wreck yourself for Julian anymore- especially not now! I mean, you promised you were going to be careful during this project week and stay as safe as you possibly can- why did you voluntarily take on such a risk?"  "It wasn't a real risk! I was just sitting around, I promise!", Alec defended himself. "I just don't get why you are still doing this.", Magnus sighed in disappointment. "I couldn't just not help them! I mean come on, you somehow need to help each other!", Alec argued. "Except, when have they ever done something for you, Alec? You are too selfless for your own good. I love YOU. I care about YOU. And YOU need to to stop sacrificing yourself and the little time we have together for some students that are literally using you.", Magnus said and stepped a little closer to Alec. "Look, I am sorry.", Alec said but Magnus cut him off:" Actually, no. I am sorry. I overstepped. Those are your people, this is your time, your energy, your health- if you are willing to put all of that on the line for them, that is your decision and I will stand by your side no matter what. I admire you being such a caring person, Alec, I really do. I just hope that one day, you are going to take care of yourself as much as you do of everyone else." "I promise, I will try.", Alec replied and sat down on a chair. "Peace?", he asked. Magnus swallowed hard:" Not yet. I need to make a confession. I actually met up with Asmodeus- he can offer be a job on a set. It's not the best job itself, but it does pay really nicely- and maybe that could help solve your student loan problem." Alec swallowed hard- not what he was hoping to hear, but he really didn't want to start anther fight. And asking why Magnus didn't tell him was kind of stupid as well- if he was Magnus, he probably would have reacted the same way. He just wanted to say something when he remembered Isabelle talking to him the other day. "Okay.", Alec said, "Thank you."

Hello beautiful people! How are y'all? Let's hope malec has stopped with the secrecy one and for all- also, I am so here for Alec's character development! Who else is?
Have a wonderful day beauties,
XOXO, AllyMaii