Chapter twenty-nine

"It's coming together, let's see that again!", Maia commanded. A few days passed by and Maia and Alec were training with Julian and Emma again. The dance for the open house was slowly coming together but especially the jumps section needed some more work. "Alec, can you maybe demonstrate the pas-des-chat combination one more time?"; Maia asked. Alec got up from the chair in the corner of the room and stepped forward. He has been trying to rest his knee as much as possible and I've it as often as he could and it was helping.  "Alec, wrong one. That is ours, not Julian and Emmas. You've been distracted all day, get it together!", Maia sighed in annoyance after he did the combination. "I'm really sorry, I've been off lately.", Alec excused himself. Maia frowned:" Alec, can I talk to you for a minute? You keep training." With a shrug, Alec followed Maia. "What's wrong, Alec?", she asked worriedly. Alec rolled his eyes:" Nothing." "Come on! You have been completely off the past days, what is going on?"; Maia said and grabbed him by the sleeve of his t-shirt. "I have it under control.", Alec tried to talk himself out of it but it was obvious he had no chance. "You always say you have it under control, even if you don't, Alec. You need to talk to me, I'm worried. What happened?", Maia begged and Alec sighed. This secret has been eating him alive the past days but saying it out loud would make it so much more real. "Magnus cheated on me.", He whispered. Alec felt his heart crush. His soul broke into a million pieces. He cheated on him. Maias eyes widened. Suddenly, Alec felt dizzy so he steadied himself with the wall behind him. As his legs have in he just slid down that wall until he could feel the cold stone floor he was now sitting on. "Alec, I'm so sorry.", She whispered and sat down next to Alec. "Me too.", Alec said, his voice as cold as ice. "When? And with whom?", Maia asked. "The day of his photoshoot. When Raphael and Maureen went on their first date. At least that's what I think.", Alec replied. "You haven't talked to him?", Maia asked and Alec shook his head:" Not yet. We haven't spoken to each other since he told me. He is giving me space and I appreciate that. I can't start discussing this with him. I'm not ready." Maia nodded understandingly:" I get that. But will you ever be ready?" Alec shrugged:" I have no idea, Maia. I don't know if I will be able to talk to him, look him in the eyes, let him touch me. I don't know how things are going.to continue and I don't know if I will be able to forgive him. The only thing I know is that I still love him. And I hate myself for it."

Magnus was walking up and down in their dorm. He knew Alec had to teach Julian this afternoon but he hoped he would come home soon. They needed to talk. Magnus needed to explain himself. He believed that only with knowing the whole story Alec could forgive him. Magnus couldn't imagine how he must be feeling right now. Throughout the day he tried to avoid him, give him some space. But from what he has been told, Alec didn't look good. And Magnus couldn't blame him. What he did to Alec was terrible. And he had no idea how to make it right. He probably couldn't. Bur the least he could do is try. Suddenly, the door opened and Alec entered the room. He looked beaten up, almost as if he had cried. "Hey!", Magnus greeted. He decided to take baby steps and not hug him yet. Alec looked surprised. "Hi.", He replied with a stone cold voice. A shiver went down Magnus' spine. He has never felt to unwelcome by a greeting. He never heard Alec speak to anyone this way. "How was your day?", Magnus asked. Maybe they.wpuld get somewhere. "Fantastic.", Alec replied ironically and vanished into the bathroom. Ouch. So much for talking, Magnus thought. But he wasn't planning on giving up yet. They needed to talk. Magnus sat down on one of the kitchen chairs and waited for Alec to get out of the shower. "Alec, we need to talk.", He said as his boyfriend stepped out of the bathroom. "I have nothing to talk to you about.", Alec replied. Not what Magnus hoped to hear but it was still one entire sentence. "Listen, I know you aren't okay right now but...", Magnus tried but Alec whirled around, as furious as Magnus has ever seen him. "Oh, I'm not okay right now? You know Magnus, I am fantastic. I have had a constant headache for the past four days because I haven't properly slept since the day my boyfriend, the person I used to call the love of my life decided to just cheat on me! I am doing great, Magnus. So how about you shut it because you have no fucking Idea how I feel right now.", Alec yelled. Magnus could see the anger and the pain in his eyes. "Alec, I didn't mean to-", he stuttered but Alec interrupted him." You didn't mean to what? Hurt me? Cheat on me? That makes me feel so much better Magnus. Really, you just accidentally ripped my heart out and cut right through the middle of it. What a shame.", Alec yelled in stone cold irony. Then he limped towards his bedroom and slammed the door shut. Magnus bit his lip. "Fair enough, I guess I deserved that.", Magnus said to himself. Alec had every right to be upset and mad at him. He has every right to yell at him. He has every right to five him the cold shoulder and walk away. But despite all of that, it hurt seeing him like this. It hurt being pushed away, even though Magnus knew it was completely his fault.

Hey sweeties! I hope everyone is staying safe and not forgetting the pandemic in case anyone of you is out there demonstrating! Please stay safe!!!!
XOXO AllyMaii