Chapter three

"Okay, should we just start with the dancebag thing?", Alec suggested and Julian nodded. "Awesome.", Alec thought and mentally congratulated himself for that idea. He knew him and all the other dancers from year one and two will meet later for practice so he was glad he didn't have to teach Julian all by himself. "So, you can decide everything you need for dance in three categories: dancewear, gadgets and alternatives. Dancewear obviously is all your clothes so you definitely will have to change throughout the day if you don't want everyone to be disgusted of you because you will smell. You should bring warm up clothes like sweatpants, a hoodie and thick socks, warm up boots or legwarmers. I personally wear a hoodie, sweatpants over my thighs and just thick socks. When you are warmed up, you need your actually dancewear: These can be sweatpants, tights or leggings, whatever you like best. As a shirt you can honestly west whatever you liked it can be a Tanktop, a shirt, a longsleeve, anything. Just figure out what you like best.", Alec explained and Julian nodded. What do you like best?", He asked and Alec laughed:"I hate thighs but you should always bring some because you sometimes need them but for practice I like to wear sweatpants that are not too baggy, rather a little tight and a Tanktop. Also, you of course should always bring your ballet slippers.", Alec finished. What do you wear for modern, then?", Julian asked and Alec scratched his forehead. "There are as well a few options there. As far as dance wear goes it's actually whatever you want apart from tights so I most often just keep my sweatpants or my warm up sweatpants on. I would recommend a T shirt instead of a Tanktop though because you might burn your shoulder skin on the dancefloor if you do acro or just regular floorwork so you might want to cover them just for protection. As far as shoes go, you can do whatever you want to. You can wear ballet slippers, socks, foot gloves, or just go barefoot. I personally like to go barefoot but my boyfriend for example prefers foot gloves. It just depends what you like best." Julian smiled insecurely and seemed to make notes on his phone. Alec actually was surprised, he didn't think that any of this information would be new to Julian. "So, just make sure you always have tights for ballet, regular dance wear, change dance wear, appropriate footwear for each style and warm up clothes and I think then you should be good." "And what about the other categories?", Julian asked and Alec was surprised he showed so much interest. "For gadgets you can bring stuff like a towel, your own stretchband, although the studio should have enough, deodorant, and a few medical supplies like kinesiology tape, a bandage, disinfecting spray, plasters, an ibuprofen or something alike and maybe magnesium just in case you are starting to cramp or something. "What do I need all of this for?", Julian asked, "I don't even know how to use keinesiology tape ." Alec smirked. He remembered asking Magnus the very same questions. "Don't worry about it.", Alec said, "you will get taught how to use it in sports science when you reach midterms. "So, should I bring it already?", Julian asked and curiously and Alec chuckled while unconsciously starting to massage his knee. "Yes, you never know what might happen and you should better be prepared.", Alec said and kept on unpacking his dancebag to show Julian the rest of it. "And you bring that every day?", Julian asked, looking at the mountain of things laying all over the floor. Alec grinned and nodded:" All of that, plus a water bottle, some sort of snacks and books and notepads you need for theory lessons or sport science. You can really build up some back muscles just by carrying this bag arpumd. Especially, when you have Basic training in the NYABM gym you also should bring trainers but we have almost everything apart from that there. You can also bring a spiky ball or a massage roll to treat yourself with some massaging after training but usually your breaks are so short, you don't really have time to massage. You can either do it while you have lessons, in lunch break or just in the evening." "About that- do you have our timetables?", Julian asked and Alec laughed:" Sure. I would have forgot it- thank you for reminding.", He said and fidgeted them out of the bottom layer of his dancebag. "So, this is your timetable!", Alec said and passed the paper to Julian. Looking at his own, his jaw dropped. He had an insane amount of lessons. 43,bro be precise. 43 hours a week. That really was a lot. And the distribution of them wasn't nice either. "Is everything okay?", Julian asked and Alec whirled around:" Yes. I just saw my timetable and it seriously is a lot. Do you understand yours?" Julian bit his lip:" Not really, honestly." Alec chuckled. He remembered feeling the exact same way a year ago. "Are you having troubles with the abbreviations?" "Yeah.", Julian chuckled and Alec grabbed a pen to write down all the explanations on the timetables bottom. "Don't worry, I felt the same." "Did you also have tutors like you  help you?", Julian asked and Alec shook his head. "No, we figured it out with our roommates. That whole tutoring program is completely new for me so please have patience with me." "You have patience with me too. In fact I was wondering if you could help me with some ballet lifts and jumps? I really struggle there." Alec smiled weakly, thinking about his full timetable:" Sure. I will just have to figure out when we can fit it in." "I am free in Wednesday afternoons.", He added and Julian smiled:" That's perfect." Alec smiled:" Alright then I will book the tumbling room on Wednesday at four pm."