1.

Rose:

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
                   - MARCEL PROUST

Micheal Proust was surely an optimist or else how would he try to find happiness in the start of something new. Its terrifying because it may break you into thousand peices or it may build you into something else.

I fairly think that optimism is just an illusion. I am not depressed, no. I think that being optimistic in darkest of times is insane.

Philosophy excites me.

"Casey... Its been too long," I smiled as he put the books in front of me.

"I know... Its been quite a while after the last term. How have you been?" He asked warmly as I added the books to his card.

"I have been doing great. Skylar's great too," I said.

"Do you need any help?" He asked.

"No. I shall do fine," I said smiling.

He smiled.

"Fighting! Bye!" He said as he left waving me.

I checked the clock. My shift was to end in two minutes. I got up and cleared off the desks arranging the books back on the shelves.

After completing, I sighed. There weren't many who came to the library now. It is a sad fact that when something new comes along, humans get attracted to trying it out.

I picked up my books and closed the windows.

I wiped off the counter and closed the door of the library, locking it up.

I got out of the building and went out. My house was close to the library so I started walking.

"Hey!" Theodore called.

"What is it now?" I asked as I continued walking.

"C'mon... Admit that you like me," he said smiling.

"Not to give you the sense of satisfaction..." I said as I continued walking not looking at him.

"C'mon... You are hot... I am hot... We belong together," he said as he encaged me in his arms as my back touched the wall.

"If you are honest and really want this, only then can I let you close," I said.

"What do you want from me?" he asked.

"I want the same level of trust that I am willing to give. I want us to be sure of what we're doing. I don't want you playing around with me until you are done, Theodore," I said.

"Honestly, I am confused. You Always want what you want. What do I want? Have you thought of that?" he asked as he got closer.

I tried to get out of his cage as he tightened it.

"I want you to..." He said as he looked at me with his face slick with sweat and his hair falling tousled, "... Call me Theo."

I looked at him as he smiled coyly. I couldn't help smile.

"Let me drop you off," he said.

"I can walk Theodore," I said.

"Just Theo," he said.

"Rose...," Skylar called as she rushed over to me.

She looked at Theo as he returned her gaze.

"Bye Rose," he said.

I nodded as he smiled waving excitedly at Skylar.

"Let's get in... Come on," I said as she took my bag from my grip. I linked my arm with hers as we sat down in the small garden in front if our house.

"Sister... Can I ask you something?" Skylar asked.

"What?" I asked her as she looked at me.

"Do you like Theodore?" she asked. I smiled as I got up.

"Answer me..." she said getting impatient.

"Sometime later, Sky." I said.

"Please?" she asked.

"I do like him. I like Theo," I said. She smiled.

"Why don't you call him Theo in front of him?" she asked.

"Thats because there is a tool known as flirting," I replied as I ruffled her hair rushing back inside to my room and closing the door before she eats my head.

I sat down on my chair looking at my board.

Like serial killers, policemen(the name awfully sexist) and I have something in common. We all share a board about people.

Serial killers for victims, police for killers and me for Theodore.

I smiled as I looked out of the window. The car pulled in the driveway as Mom pulled up.

I removed my books to find out his handwritten note.

It was for a party.

I tucked it neatly on the board with his other notes as I started studying.

I can probably go to the party if I want to. Mom would allow.

I pushed the thought away and focused back on studying.

After a while, I went back down the stairs and asked Mom for the permission.

"Good that you are socialising," she said.

"I am." I smiled.

"My lovely rose," she said as she kissed my forehead.

I got back to my room and opened the closet. Like all the princesses, I have a closet fill of clothes that I don't generally wear.

I picked out a green-off shoulder crop top paired with black skirt and boots.

I looked at the reflection in the mirror

I looked at the reflection in the mirror. I did look good.

I imagined Theodore's reaction when he would see me. I smiled and looked back at the mirror.

I had mahogany hair paired with the perfect features and the perfect body. It was nature s was of forcing me to be perfect.

Theodore is going to be shocked for sure.

I spritzed on a few drops of perfume. I locked my hair in a ponytail and left the house.