72.

Theodore:

"We are here," I said as I parked the bike at the side of the road.

I got off and helped her get off. She smiled as she hugged her coat tighter.

"You should have worn pants rather than the shorts," I said as I looked at her.

"I am fine," she said.

I removed my coat and tied it on her waist. It was long enough to cover a little more than the part below her knee. I positioned the flap of the coat in such a way that it covered her legs and stopped the cold Winds from touching her.

"I am fine... You should wear your coat... You'll catch cold," she scolded.

"I may have given the wrong intention... I was not shielding you from the cold but shielding the view of your legs from others. As for me catching cold, I won't... I have a jacket on. It's okay," I said.

She smiled. I laced my fingers with hers. We walked towards the ground. It had an abandoned trailer while a bonfire burned close by it. The field stretched for as long as the eye went. Carlos stood by the trailer with a beer can in his hand.

"Rosalie... You don't have to drink if you don't want to... It's okay," I said.

She nodded as we walked in.

"Here comes the b-day boy!" Carlos said as he pulled me away.

"Gerald!" I said as I hugged a childhood friend from California.

"Aww man... Did you fly in here for this purpose?" I asked.

"No... I was around for work purpose!" Gerald answered taking a sip from his glass.

I totally forgot to add... Gerald is over 30 years old.

I checked where Rosalie was. I couldn't find her.

"Carlos... Can you keep an eye on Rosalie? Make sure that she doesn't feel left out?" I asked him.

"Would that be counted as my gift for your birthday?" he asked.

"Ya... Sure. I guess," I replied.

"Then no... I spent my money for a gift and I ain't buying you another gift," he argued.

I met a lot of people. Their chats droned out my concern for Rosalie.

Rosalie:

I examined the grass around the gathering. The field had unwanted clover grass growing. I was sure I'd be able to find a four leaved clover because the field extended for too long and a four leaved clover is present in every 1.2 Sq meter. I searched with the mere instinct and the light from the dying sun. According to research a four leaved clover is found in every 10,000 clovers. It needs someone with a keen eye to notice it. I kept searching for another 15 minutes until I found one. Then another one. Luck is truly an illusion. I smiled as I picked up the clovers and put one of them in the cover of my phone and the other one in my handkerchief. I put the handkerchief into my pocket. I made sure that it wouldn't break. I didn't realise that I had come a bit farther than I thought I had. I turned back and walked back.

Theodore was laughing in midst of his friends. If I didnt know better, I would have already have prejudiced and judged them in my mind.

Theodore noticed me as he ran towards me.

"You made me worried," he said.

"I am fine. I got a call from my stepmother and I wanted some privacy," I said.

"Thats granted but the next time you get a call please tell someone..." Theodore said. I nodded.

"Come on... I'll introduce you to people," he said.

"Introduce me as?" I asked.

"My intelligent-hot-bodied-awesome girlfriend... What else?" he asked.

I smiled. I knew that he wouldn't shy down to calling me his girlfriend in front of his friends. It's cliché but like normal human nature, I too like receiving compliments, specially from him.

We walked together as he introduced me to his friends. Some of them looked cold, intimidating but there was something cozy and warm about how they talked.

We sat down by the bonfire as I adjusted Theo's coat. I removed it and put it on my legs after we sat down. There were rocks around the fire. The sun was down and the place seemed to radiate warmth, happiness and joy. I looked around as I found Dakota as she walked in. She was wearing a red skin tight top with black leather jeans. Her hair were up in a high pony and she wore high heels.

She wished Theodore and then walked towards me. She looked at me.

"I am sure you can make room for me, can't you dear sister?" she asked.

I shifted as she sat down. Theodore settled down.

"Thanks for coming. Thanks for coming from your homes or from other states... It means a lot to me. I love you guys!" Theodore said. Carlos coughed.

"And on the request of Carlos, I love you too Carlos," he said.

I laughed.

"Anyways... Let's play bonfire games... Who has an idea?" Carlos asked.

"Truth or dare," Vinni suggested.

"What are we grade-schoolers?" Carlos laughed.

"Well technically some of us are," I answered.

"What about a drinking game like beer pong?" someone asked.

"We don't have the necessary things to play..." Theo answered as he pulled me up from the rock and snuggled closer to me and the fire.

"What about 'Never Have I Ever'? The loser can drink from the beer can," Dakota asked.

"Ya sure!" Vinni answered.

"I'll start... Never Have I Ever read 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'," Theodore said.

I folded my little finger. I had read it once out of pure curiosity as to why people liked that book.

Theodore laughed as most of them were females but one was a male. It was Carlos.

"C'mon... I am just a guy who likes reading," Carlos whined.

"Reading erotica," Gerald corrected as we laughed.

"Next is me... Never Have I Ever kissed a girl," Maria said.

"Now this is biased. Of course we guys have kissed girls!" Gerald whined.

"I haven't!" some guy said.

"Next is me... Never Have I Ever seen a nerd in such a party," Dakota said as she eyed me.

Something was wrong... Undoably wrong.