20.

Skylar:

"And the dip," he said as I completed the end of our performance.

"This was the last practise... I guess we are ready," I said.

He smiled.

"It was great... Lets do it one last time," he said.

"OK," I said as he initiated playing the cello. His notes were on-point and melodious. His eyes closed as he played. I joined in, eyes closed and swaying to the sweet rhythm.

We ended as I heard him wince. I opened my eyes as a thin streak of blood oozed out from his finger.

I got up and opened my bag fetching for my handkerchief. He pressed it against the steady flow.

"There is a medicine box in the cabinet," he said. I opened it and removed the cotton swab and bandaid with the antiseptic.

I used the antiseptic and held it onto his finger. The cut ran from his index to his middle finger. The index finger had a deeper cut so I carefully bandaged it. His middle finger didn't require any further medication.

"Be careful when you play," I said as I looked at him. He had a smile stretching upon his lips as he leaned in towards me.

"I tend to be careless when I like doing something," he said. I looked in his eyes and then pushed his head back with my two fingers as he laughed.

"Precaution is better than cure," I said closing the box.

"Not when it's the heart and brain at war," he replied.

I laughed as he smiled closing the lid of the piano.

"I'll drop you off," he said pulling out his keys.

"I had a work in the neighbourhood. I guess I'll see you tomorrow," I said.

"Alright. Tomorrow at the rehearsal," he smiled waving me his bandaged hand.

"Bbye," I said. He ushered me out and waited for me at the door. His mother high-fived me at the door before she walked back in. Aiden stood at the door.

"I'll go away. Don't worry," I assured him.

He smiled and walked back in. I walked over to Dad's house as he opened the door.

"Dad... We need to talk," I said walking in.

Theodore:

Rose smiled as she looked at me.

"Payne... Ball!" Coach said as I remembered that I was on the field. I went past the player and scored a goal.

"Don't drone out!" the coach shouted.

We played for the next 6 minutes after which the coach blew his whistle.

"Dismissed. Kick asses tomorrow!" he said.

I got ready to leave when the coach called me aside.

"Yes Coach," I said smiling.

"You are the captain. You need to take care that you guys win... At any chance, avoid disputes," he said.

"This isn't my first day as captain," I said.

"I know. You tend to get aggressive if you don't win," he said.

"Weston International Knights always WIN!" I said.

"That's my boy but don't initiates any fights," Coach said.

"I would of they dare kick any of my brother in the nuts," I said.

He just smiled patting my back.

"You remind me of my younger days," he said.

"Yeah. Just a more handsome version of you," I said as he smiled swatting me away.

I laughed and went back to ghe locker room. I quickly changed out to meet Rose by the gate of the school. She stood there with Casey.

They were laughing. Laughing insanely hard.

"Rose," i said as I walked over to her.

She smiled and waved him goodbye. Casey smiled and waved back.

"What's his deal?" I asked.

"He was telling me that the new Head Girl and Head Boy would be elected and announced on the day of Homecoming dance..." she said.

"Ok. But what's with the laughing?" I asked.

She smiled tucking a tuft of her hair behind her ear.

"It's a private joke. You won't understand," she said.

I looked at her and then walked away.

"C'mon... Don't tell me that you are jealous of him! He is my childhood buddy," she said catching up to me.

"I am not jealous of anybody," I said but I couldn't figure out what was the deal about him.

"I brought my dress... Its green," Rose said.

"Hmm... So?" I asked.

"So dumbass you are supposed to buy me a green corsage when you come over to my house," she said.

"Can't you buy it yourself?" I asked.

"It's a ritual... Don't break it," she said.

I nodded.

"Anyways, I am supposed to help out in the arrangement and the colouring of the stage and everything. Bye," she said as she walked away. I nodded.

I walked back out of the gate to see Casey standing over there.

"Theodore," he called out.

"What?" I asked him.

"Stay away from Rose," he said.

I ignored him.

"Because you and your group are petty people who always have different vulgar things in your minds," he said.

I smirked at him and got into my car driving away.

What the hell does he think he is?

His mind may have vulgar things rather than mine. How dare he say that I had evil intentions!

I slammed the break and walked out to get some air. I sat down on the curb of the road, looking at the people walking by. It would be funny to see someone owning the latest Volvo sitting down on the curb.

"Did you go bankrupt?" I heard Carlos as he sat down next to me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well... I installed a tracker on your phone which also connects over to the cameras around the city. I could track your emotion with the heart rate monitor so I quickly came over to you," he said.

"Seriously?" I asked putting my hand around his neck.

He nodded. I put his head in a headlock.

"Alright. I saw you from the window!" he admitted.

I released him.

"You are a pathetic, maniac, lunatic sort of my best bastard!" I said as he laughed.

"Pouring too many adjectives... Did you get dumped or forget to take a dump in the morning?" he asked. I laughed.

"Thank God for this man!" I said.

"Amen brother," Carlos said as we laughed.

The drug to ease out pain...