39.

Aiden:

"A perpendicular dropped from the centre shall divide the chord into two equal parts," I said.

"That's correct. Moving on," the teacher continued explaining as I looked over at Skylar playing with a pencil in the air. She drew loops that pretty much resembled infinity rings.

I kept watching her as the class ended. She turned to look back and pointed a book before she left it on the table. She left with Bianca before smiling at me.

I got up and retrieved her book to the page that was marked with a bookmark.

It was a quote from a novel. I had never heard of its name.

"It's not about being together. It's about sharing things and moments. It's not about eternal perfection but about the distraction caused by him- his eternal perfection," I read out, smiling.

I looked at her in the hallway, taking her books from her locker.

"You consider me eternal perfection?" I asked.

"Would it be weird if I did?" she asked.

"No," I said.

"Narcissist much," she said as I looked at her.

"Alright... I was just teasing you... I was wondering if we could go on a date sometime again," she said.

"What about tomorrow?" I asked.

"Just a minute, let me check my schedule and done. Where will we go?" she asked.

"What about a coffee house?" I asked.

"Sounds cool. I'll see you then," she said.

"I'll pick you up," I said. She nodded.

"Also, there is this one thing... I don't know how to say but you are really enchanting," I said.

"How so?" she asked.

"Narcissist much?" I teased as she laughed punching me softly before closing the locker and leaving.

Rose:

"Take a rest now," Casey said as I looked at him.

"I am serious," he said as he picked up the books and put them in the shelf.

"I don't wanna let all of us down," I said.

"Oh that... You don't have to worry about that. We have a good team and I guess it'll go easy," he said.

"I don't know! This is the question which I don't know!" I said as I looked at him. He sighed as he walked towards me and put his arms on my shoulder. He looked at me.

"Can I hug you?" he asked.

I nodded as he pulled me closer. He gently stroked my hair and massaged my scalp.

"It's gonna be alright. You are gonna be fine," he said soothingly as I hugged him.

"Better?" he asked as he softly swayed me.

"Only because of you," I said as he left me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Take command over yourself. You are possibly the best candidate for this quiz. It's a piece of cake. You'll walk through it with me. Alright?" he asked.

"If it weren't for you," I said as he smiled, "I would still shine."

He sighed as I laughed before sitting back down.

"Anyways," he said.

"Hmm," I said.

"I was wondering if I could pick you up and we can go together over for the first round tomorrow?" he asked.

"As good as that idea is, I am afraid that I'll have to pass. I personally have to pick Mr. Payne up so that he doesn't show up late, like he always does," I said.

"Oh... Maybe we can share a cab?" he asked.

"I am afraid I'll have to pass on that too. I shall be picking Theodore up a lot early so that we can beat traffic and reach earlier than others. He also needs to know the rules," I said.

"Sounds fair. Alright. I guess I'll see you there," he said.

"You will. Also, when we win, I want a party!" I said.

"Are you sure we'd win?" he asked looking at me.

"You and me are the ones who are gonna win," I said.

"Sure will. See you," he said as he patted my shoulder and I pulled his cheeks. He smiled before leaving.

I spent a little more time arranging the books and leafing through them.

I checked the time. A little while later, I closed the library and started walking back home. I clutched my bag as I walked listening to a podcast episode.

Suddenly, a man ran past me, he grabbed hold of my bag as he tried snatching it.

Intuitively, I had a pepper spray in my pocket. I pulled it out and aimed at the perpetrator's face.

"Oww!" he said rubbing his eyes. He left the hold of my bag as I caught it and started running fast.

I turned right when someone caught me in his arms in a tough grip.

"Let me go bastard!" I screamed at him.

"Don't swear at me... It's Theodore," he said as he turned to look at me.

"Whats wrong?" he asked.

"Someone tried stealing my bag back there. I pepper sprayed him. And ran as fast as I could!" I said panting.

"My God!" he said.

"Yeah right?" I said.

"Carlos," he said as he ran in the opposite direction.

I looked at Theodore as he returned with a tear eyed and disheveled Carlos.

"I won't say why but I have an enmity to you," Carlos said.

"Yeah. Next time don't attack me like a perp!" I said panting.

"Didn't know that you had tiger-like reflexes... Damn the next move would have been you punching me and Kung fooing me in the stomach!" he said.

I sighed.

"Carlos! I told you that she doesn't like that!" Theodore said.

"I think I'll wait in the car!" Carlos said as he looked at me in the eye.

"Stop! Turn!" Theodore ordered.

"What?" Carlos asked.

"Handshake with my girlfriend right now!" Theodore ordered.

"First he used to be mine. You stole him from me! Anyways," Carlos said as he shook my hand still rubbing his eyes.

"Don't rub. you'll only make it worse! Here," I said removing wet wipes from my bag and handing it to him.

"Put it over your eyes and press lightly. It'll provide relief. After that wash your face with water. Don't drive. Theodore go with him!" I said.

"I just came-" Theodore protested.

"Come on. Go now. It'll get worse after it dries. I'll see you," I said.

"Uhh!" he said crying as he pulled Carlos with him as he walked away to the car. I sighed and looked at them.