30.

Theodore:

"I didn't do anything wrong. Why does the Principal want to see me?" I asked Casey, who apparently was 'sent' in to pick me up.

Much for popularity...

"It'd be better if she reveals it herself. I have no clue about it either," he said.

"Alright," I said as I got up from my desk.

"Don't get expelled," Carlos said as he patted my shoulder.

"Shut up Carl," I said, following Casey.

"I wanted to talk to you," he said.

"Say it. There is no way I can run away from it this time," I said.

"How do I put it? Um... That day when I caught you up and was mean to you, I want to apologize," he said.

"Why though?" I asked.

"Rose is really important and close to me. I tend to feel protective of her and if I could cut out the bad things for her, I would. She doesn't deserve being pulled into dark and closed off places. I know that when she opens up, she won't let the person go away. I don't want her getting hurt," he said.

"Why though?" I asked.

"She is my best friend for all these years. I know her. She lives in a different world from us. She has seen hardships. She has worked two jobs to save her house and she does their taxes. She doesn't have the type of anxieties people at our age face. She lives ahead. She would see bad in everything and fear it. That's why I want to cut off the bad things as much as possible," he said.

"I get that you want to protect her. I know that. I am not gonna hurt her," I said.

He didn't look at me as we entered the office.

"Morning Miss Marshall," I greeted smiling.

"Morning," she replied.

I looked over at Rose. She stood with a gleaming badge on her dress. It read 'Head Girl'. The shape was that of a crest and a split ran along the middle. The first section was a shade of turquoise and the next half was white. A 'W' in black was printed in the middle along with Head Girl written on the top in gold.

Rose walked over next to me and pinched me on the inner of my hand to remind me of my surroundings and of the fact that I had been staring at her chest.

"I have an announcement to make," she said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The management has decided that in the upcoming month, there shall be two competitions in which our school shall participate. First is the annual quiz show and second is a partnership with other schools for a charity event. The committee has decided to cut down expenses and try to limit it's expenditure. For the resources in the first competition, we'd be pulling back fund from our football teams. Since Theodore is the captain, I want you to know about this, "she said.

"No. Can't do. You can't cut up our funds for this," I argued.

"We won the districts. We can forfeit the names for states competition," she said.

"It's a big step and no, I am not gonna let this happen," I said.

"Theodore, this is not up for a debate, it's a decision. You shall be informing your members," she said.

"Try and make me do that," I said.

"Isn't there any other way we can make it work?" Rose asked.

"I'm afraid it isn't." Miss Marshall said.

"With all due respect, that's bogus. You can't stop the team that surely has a hit for the states, to send in some different team that may or may not lose in the first round itself?" I asked.

"Can't help you about this. The funds are not only for the quiz competition but also for the charity event. The schools are partnering up and raising as much as cash available and pooling them in, along with some prominent people willing to step up. Rosalie, I want you taking care of the participants for the Quiz Show along with Casey," she said.

"I am not doing this," I said as I got up and left the office. Or stormed off.

Aiden:

"The bacteria that causes peptic ulcer is Helicobacter pylori," I answered as the teacher nodded.

"You performed on Homecoming. I remember it. The tunes and notes were soft and hung in the air. Better than what the DJ had been playing," the teacher said.

"It was a joint effort. Alongside Miss Bloomingham," I said.

She got up smiling.

"That surely was a show. Both of you, I loved it," the teacher said before making us both sit. The bell rung after a little while.

She walked upto my seat smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"Miss Bloomingham?" she laughed.

Her eyes twinkled with curiosity. She was pretty much dazzling.

"Also... When and where are we going to become frank?" she asked.

"Are you free today around 4?" I asked.

"I'd say no if I had any chores. Now where it is?" she asked.

"Would you like going to the park?" I asked.

"Yeah. Because I am a little child and I need the swing," she said as she got up.

"I am sorry. Did I offend you? I apologise," I said as I looked at her. She turned to look at me her hands folded. She had a frown on her face.

"I am really really sorry. I thought park would be good. I am so sorry," I apologised. She looked at me before raising her hand and pulling my cheek.

"You are cute," she said before walking away. I looked at her as she smiled bowing in the hallway.

Later that day, I went back home and removed my laptop when I heard a knock on the door.

"Busy?" Mom asked.

"No. I was just completing my homework. I'd be out around 4,"I said.

"Oh good... I needed to drop by at the office. You can take me," she said.

"No!" I said.

"Hey!" she said.

"I am... Well... I am going out to meet somebody," I said.

"That cute girl that came here for practise, huh?" she asked as I looked at her.

"Momma knows," she said as she kissed my forehead before leaving.

I had asked her out but what do people usually talk about on first dates? We already know a bit about each other.

I probably was the first guy who had no clue about what he was going to speak about but still turned up.