71.

Rosalie:

Theodore looked up at me as I sat down next to him.

I took his hands in mine and out them behind my back. I hugged him. His cheeks had become red and the tip of his nose was redder than his cheeks. The colour that flushed after blushing or drinking, when depicts pain, hits more than anything. I hugged him as he pressed his head against my neck. I pulled him closer as I comforted him. I felt tears falling down on my shoulder.

This clearly affected him a lot. It was his birthday and I didn't wanna waste it by making him cry. I pulled him up.

"I should have told you everything as soon as I started loving you. I was afraid that I was misjudging or living a false lie.... I dint wanna fuel the flame that was gonna die... I... You... I mean," he stuttered.

"Theo... I know..." I said as I looked at him. I removed my handkerchief and wiped his tears. His eyes were flooding with tears.

"I mean-!" he started but I put my hand on his lips.

"Theodore fucking Payne... Pull yourself together. This is your birthday and I am not going to spoil it by asking you things... That doesn't negate the fact that I want the answers. It's just that I can wait a little longer because I trust you. And if I trust you, you have to trust me as well," I said. He simply nodded.

I laced my fingers with his as I opened the door. We walked out. We got out of the house and were walking in the garden.

"Rosalie... I am sorry," he apologised.

"For what?" I asked.

"For being too overwhelming... I promise you I am not usually like this," he said.

"And they say that I am the one who thinks too much," I laughed. He smiled.

"You look beautiful," he said.

I laughed as he pulled me towards him in the garden.

"Gee... Can't keep your hands off me, can you?" I laughed.

"I.. Uh... Nah," he laughed.

"Let's take the car," he said.

"Um... Can we take the bike?" I asked.

"Of course. I look hotter on the bike... Let's take that," he said.

"Brat!" I said as he started running forcing me to run as well.

"A quick update, Rosalie Molly Bloomingham isn't athletic!" I said panting.

"I wouldn't have mind picking you up and carrying you till here," he said.

I laughed as he picked up the bike.

"A question though... Is Molly your paternal or maternal relative?" he asked.

"I knew it... It's actually very weird. My paternal aunt and my maternal grandmother share the same name," I said.

"Who do you think it stands for?" he asked.

"My Mom's best friend, Molly. She died young. Mom loved her like a younger sister," I said.

"There are so many Molly-ies on your life," he said.

"There are so many people in the world that we don't know about. The world is spotted with many Molly-ies around. Some turning in their beds, some tossing in the graves," I said.

He smiled.

"What?" I asked.

"You have this uncanny ability of making things darker," he said.

"Skylar once scolded me on this. She said and quote 'Don't close the curtains'," I said. He laughed.

"She is an interesting human," I said.

"Too bright," he added.

"Hopelessly naïve," I added.

"All of us are worthy of some naïvety... I mean come on!" he said. I laughed as I kissed his cheek.

"You sure you wouldn't be cold on the bike?" he asked.

"Yeah... I'll manage. I once spent a winter in Canada with Casey," I said.

"Oh... When?" he asked.

"Last year. We both went skiing with a couple of friends," I said.

"Oh," he said.

"Oh come on... You know that we are friends and nothing more!" I said.

He laughed as he passed me the helmet. I put it on.

"You mind if I?" I asked.

"Looks like someone is eager today!" he said. I laughed.

I got on as he got on behind me. His hands were ready to hold in case the bike got out of balance. I was ready.

"Here we go!" I said as I accelerated slowly. I maneuvered the bike out. I drove out as I saw Mrs Payne in the balcony. She was smiling but I am pretty sure that she was thinking of how similar I was to the other girls.

"You are a natural at this," he said.

"I spent a lot of time riding bicycles to work, school, library, office and home," I said.

"But it isn't a bicycle," he said.

"A motorbike is just like a bicycle. It has the same anatomy. The only difference is that this is Powered by a motor. The way of handling and driving both of them is similar. Despite the additional features like the headlights and no tiredness of pedaling... It's quite the same. The physics applied to drive a bike is similar to that of a bicycle. To sum up, the motorbike is a bike with a motor and is basically the heavier version of the core that is, bicycle," I said.

"Woah!" he said.

"Charmed by my knowledge?" I asked.

"No. I finally know why you were selected as the debate captain for 4 years," he said.

I laughed.

He snaked his arms around mine as he maintained a grip on the handle.

"For me to drive, you'd have to tell me the directions," I said.

"Why don't I drive you there myself?" he asked.

I smiled as I breathed in. The air felt cooler and richer in oxygen when I did something crazy. Maybe it was just the adrenaline. Maybe it was just what I wanted to think. Or maybe Mr. No-Fucking-Variables is the only one that can make feel things cooler. Theodore stands for craziness and things that are way out of my league, he doesn't stand for fear though for he is the reason for my unexplainable urge to try things that he does so easily.

Though, whatever he is, in this moment, and in every moment I am with him, he is my breathing lungs, my beating heart, my oxygen, my respiring cells. All of it. I might be living but now, I swear in this moment, I. Am. Alive.