69.

Rosalie:

I opened my wardrobe and skimmed off the clothes on the top. I found clothes that I didn't remember and a few of Sky's chocolate wrappers that she must have hid long ago.

She didn't think I'd open in again...

I removed a pink frock and then on a second though put it back in. It was just too girly. I removed a black skirt and a white shirt. It was too formal. I removed my shorts and a t-shirt that read 'That elegant bitch'. I had no idea how I had it. I removed it and put it with my night clothes. There was no way I'd wear that. I removed a yellow loose t-shirt and a black shorts. I tucked the t-shirt in and looked at the mirror. Maybe I should change into something that he'd like for the sake of his birthday. I decided against it. Theodore and I had decided that we won't try and change each other. That shit sounds better in movies like '500 days of Summer'. I smiled as I put my hair in a high ponytail leaving some stray strands brushing my face.

I put my wallet in the back pocket of my jeans and my phone in the front. I put on a little make up and used a cherry lip-balm. I sat down as my phone rung. I picked it up.

"Hello... Um... Celine? Yeah... I am kinda in a hurry, could you please rush it?" I asked.

"Oh OK honey... I was wondering if you'd like to come over to the house tomorrow?" she asked.

"I'll have to wait after school for work. Is it okay if you come over by the library later in the evening?" I asked.

"Yeah... It's fine... Um... Thanks," she said.

"With all fairness Celine, I don't want to keep lying. It's not that I am totally with you and Dad marrying but I am trying to accept rather than retaliate. I am not supportive of this but I guess that it's gotta happen sometime," I said.

"I appreciate it, honey... I really do," Celine said.

"Okay. See you tomorrow," I said. She hung up the phone. I was strong. I didn't cry. I got up, took a black long coat and walked out. I took a cab to Theodore's house. I stayed outside sitting on the bench in the lawn. I checked my phone. I had been there for 10 minutes. I knocked on the door.

Mrs Payne opened it.

"Oh... Um... Hello Mrs Payne," I smiled as I pulled the coat tighter around me.

"You are Martin's elder daughter, right?" she asked.

"Yes I am... Rosalie Bloomingham," I introduced.

"It's a really beautiful name," she said as she asked me to get in.

"Its actually because when I was to be christened, my father brought a bouquet. I reached out for a red rose in the middle. My Mother's favourite colour was rose red. It just coordinates with Bloomingham. I was named thusly," I said.

"Theodore was right," she said.

"What did he say about me?" I asked.

"That you are a really beautiful, sensible and smart young lady who is great at interviews and sentences and rarely gets nervous but tries to build a reputation," she said.

"He said all that?" I asked.

"No. It's just a mother's gut. I always know what my child is thinking. And you are the same age of him. Granted that much more smarter and sharper but still you are a child," she said.

I smiled.

"Though I might look intimidating, I am not as strict as you'd think," she said.

"I haven't really met any other boy's.... I mean boyfriend's mother. I just didn't know how to respond. I didn't wanna give a bad impression," I said.

"It's alright. Theodore said he'd be back in an hour so around 15 minutes more," she said.

"Thanks Mrs Payne," I smiled.

"You can go to his room if you want. Its not like he hasn't had any girls in his bedroom," she said.

"Oh... Um... That's a lot of detail,"I said.

"I was joking. I might not be a strict mom but still I have no girls in room policy," she said.

"Then whats special about me?" I asked.

"You have no tattoos, have dressed appropriately, have your hair up unlike others, haven't overdone your makeup and I'd respect the fact that Theo himself bought you over," she said.

"He didn't bring anyone over?" I asked.

"No. He claims that he has 'high standards'. You are the first one," she said.

I was excited and happy, which is totally unlike me.

The phone rang and she was gone. I went upstairs to the room that would have been his considering the fact that I had found him looking out of the window twice. I got in the room and looked around. It wasn't what I had expected.

I had an image of a room with boy band posters and basketball or football teams and things would be messy with a sock on the bed and a bean bag for a chair.

What the reality was, shocked me.

The room's accent wall had his trophies and his bed was made. The window was closed and there was nothing stereotypical that screamed bad boy.

I sat down on the bed waiting. My gaze diverted to an open night stand. I got up to close it when I noticed a book sticking out of the drawer. I opened the door and removed it.

It was a sketchbook. Theodore sketched!

I turned the first few pages until I reached the middle. In it, the page was folded. I opened it to see a sketch of me in the bed with my eyes closed and my hands folded. The sketch resembled me more than I myself did.

I turned over. The rest of the sketchbook had pictures of me breathing in, looking at a flower, lying in the football field, kissing a guy on his motorbike, a picture of me in a shirt and coat, a picture of me about how I looked after I woke up, a picture of me on the highway standing still, a picture of me under the bridge, a picture photograph of me and my books. I remember that dress. I had spilled coffee on my dress early in the morning and I had to leave early for speech so I had worn Skylar's similar shirt. The only difference was that her shirt had a green buttons. It means that he has been around me from a lot longer than I knew.

"Found something in there, Detective Seuss?" Theodore said as he closed the door.