48.

Theodore:

"His daughters are quite beautiful, aren't they?" Father said.

"They are but all in vain. With that attitude, she is no better than a scum," Mom said.

"Can you please stop, Mom? You are talking about my girlfriend here," I blurted out. Alarmingly, I looked at their faces. They hadn't just registered it when I got up.

"Girlfriend?!" Mom asked.

"Bye," I said as I walked as fast as I could and dodged them and walked towards the washroom behind the stairs. The stairways led upstairs to the rooms whereas there were rooms behind the arc of the stairs. I walked to find a washroom when I heard something.

"What do you think you are doing?" I heard Martin's voice as I roamed in the house.

"You are embarrassing me!" I heard him growl. I stood in front of the door.

"Oops... I did it again," I heard Rose's voice. Rose is Martin's daughter?

The walls and door were thick but I had a PhD at eavesdropping. I even listed it in my 'special qualities' in my dummy resumè, which had me cracking up since a dummy was making a dummy resumè, but enough with this thing. I refocused on hearing.

"You know what Mr Bloomingham, I am honoured that you had me over for tonight. Now, I and my dearest sweet sister, whom you dare mention any of this, are gonna go. You, can do anything you want. Have fun," she said. She supposedly got up as I heard the sound of her heels shuffling against the hardwood floor.

"And also, Daddy dreaded, as long as you try and parade me as your perfect sidekick, I am gonna win, every fucking time. Lastly, love you," she added.

"You are a pain in the ass, Rosalie." he said.

"That's what Grandma said," she said.

"You have to come tomorrow in the morning. I have to discuss," he said.

"Bite me, Dad." she said.

"I am afraid that I'll have to get Skylar and your mother involved in on this," he said.

"You have nerves, don't ya? Calling your ex-wife shamelessly. Sharing her daughters like some sort of property. You are a businessman in and out," she said.

"I am just taking what's mine," he said.

The doorknob opened as Rose walked out. She looked at me.

"Great... Now you know it," she said as she walked away.

"Rosalie... Rosalie," I called after her as she kept on walking. She stopped over next to Skylar. Mom and Dad spotted me and started questioning my whereabouts as I tried dodging them. When successful, I was still a bit far away and Rose and Skylar were by the door. Now, this is not the type of event where you light a molotov as a signal. I walked faster and out. The car wasnt able to spot the car but they must have been buckled in by that time. I ran towards the exit and stopped there. Rose drove over in a few minutes as she blew the horn.

"We can talk it out. Give me a second," I said.

The security guard tried to pull me away from blocking the exit.

"I am being hauled away by security.. Help Rose!" I said.

"He is with me," Rose said finally.

"Can we talk?" I asked. She nodded.

I went over to the driver's door where Rose was sitting.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Skylar... In the back," I said.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"You know what... I am gonna go back to Grandma... Just call me when you want to leave. Alright?" Skylar asked.

"No... Stay right here," Rose said.

"You are an angel. Thanks," I said smiling. Skylar looked at both of us.

"I'd better go. Bye," she said as she left.

"Move to the passenger seat," I said.

"I am not going to let you drive in the night," she said.

"Not trusting me eh?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Alright," I said as I turned around and turned back towards her and picked her up. I hoisted her up and managed to get into the seat. I then let her sit in my lap.

"Let me go," she thrashed.

"Shh... Trust me," I said as I closed the door. She looked at me as I looked in her eyes. Those brown eyes of hers reminded me of brown wood and mud and the way chocolate tastes and the way beavers look.

"Whats this?" she asked.

"I wanna talk to you. About all of this. But before that, you need to calm down and trust in me. You have two choices. One, sit on the passenger seat quietly or two, sit right here and enjoy the erection I might go in three, two..." I said. She sighed as she shifted to the passenger seat.

"Thats better," I said as she sighed. She removed the heels and pulled out her shoes from a box in the back of the car. She put her hair up as she looked at me.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Is there another option?" she asked.

"There are no options. Let's go," I said as I drive her towards the nearest McDonalds.

I ordered her a happy meal with an extra 'happy'. The guy smiled as he brought out the food.

"You haven't eaten?" she asked.

"You haven't. Let's eat," I said as I removed a burger and held it up for her. She looked at me before biting into it.

"Don't worry... I only roofie drinks, not burgers," I said as she looked at me wide-eyed and then back to her drink.

"Only Alcohol," I said. She sighed as she continued eating.

I paid as she completed.

"I'll pay you back tomorrow," she said.

"I wish Carlos was more like you," I said.

"What?" she asked.

"C'mon... In," I said as I opened the door for her. She still reluctantly got in.

"How did you know I hadn't eaten?" she asked.

"Well... It's 9 and you looked angry. It's simple math. You get angry when you are hungry. Anger leads to trust issues. And I want you to trust me," I said.

She smiled as she leaned into the seat.

"You are so fucking complicated. Even ergodic theory can't solve you," she said. I just smiled.

I wish I knew what that was...