35.

Skylar:

"For she had come across the dark reality that if she can live her dreams, her nightmares will haunt her to her very core," I read out to Aiden as he listened attentively.

"Don't you think that it's eerie about how well everything was designed. From the ones who prefer a glass half full and the ones who prefer half empty to those who try and negate the existence of the water in the glass," Aiden said.

"It's eerie. And that's why it's a question. If it were so easy to answer like all the other questions, the challenge of living would perish," I said.

"It's just beautiful how you express whatever you feel," he said. I smiled.

"And that is the most bewitching part of reality. You, are the most bewildering fact," he said.

"I am just as ordinary as you are. We are just 2 in 7 billion," I said.

He just looked at me with his blue eyes being warm and cozy.

The class started as I steamed glances at him. He would pick a strand of his hair and twirl it in his fingers. His eyes would shift focus as he would then look back at the paper and furiously start writing.

I looked away. After the last bell, I walked out to my locker and collected my swim bag. I locked it before walking away again.

Theodore spotted me as he came over to me smiling.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said.

I stopped and looked at him.

He didn't say anything as he just kept looking at me.

"Is there something on my handsome face?" he asked.

"No. I thought you had something to say," I said.

"Nothing much. Just wanted to have a talk with you. How are you?" he asked.

"I'm in school, talking to a douche," I said. He laughed.

"May I walk you?" he asked.

"I bet you are wanted there," I said as I pointed at Rose and Casey.

"Damn. He never leaves her," he said.

"Like two peas in a pod. Sometimes even I get irritated," I said.

He smiled as he walked over to Rose.

I had joined swimming ever since I was little. I liked wadding through water.

It was supposed to be the first session.

I went over to the changing room and got out of clothes I was wearing.

I put on my glasses and swimsuit.

I walked out and went over to the pool. There were a few boys who had already reached. There weren't many girls in the practice yet we had quite a decent amount.

I waited as the coach came out.

He quickly read out the names and assigned the positions to the swimmers.

There were 7 people who shared the class with me. I counted as I heard a familiar name.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Aiden.

"Well... Hey," he said as he walked over.

"I didn't know you swam," I said.

"Neither did I," he said smiling.

"Let's dive. Together," he said. I nodded as we went on at three. Him in his row as I pushed the water behind me and went ahead.

We reached the other end as he climbed out.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"I said I swam. Not the fact that I was good at it," he said as he coughed.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I am. It's been quite a while since I joined back in," he said.

"It's alright. You'll catch up. And if it matters, I am no pro at it," I said.

"You are great," he said.

"I just wanted to hear it from someone else," I said as he laughed.

He smiled as we returned back and started swimming in the pool.

After the practice, I removed my gear and wiped the strands of hair that had gotten wet. Tying them into a ponytail, I walked out to find him at the gate. I waved him as he smiled getting into his car.

Theodore:

"The capital of Kyrgyzstan is?" Rose shook me as I looked at her.

"Eh?" I asked.

"You have been staring at the page for the past 10 minutes. I really wanna win this thing. Answer me," she said.

"You are playing with me. There is no country with that name," I said as I looked at her face.

She sighed as she shook her head.

"It's Bishkek. Come with me. I'll get you something you'll like reading rather than this," she said getting up and picking up the flag book.

"C'mon," she repeated.

I didn't move as she put her hand forward. I held her hand and walked with her. She took me to the end of the library. It was secluded.

"Corner of the library, with a handsome guy, this must be one of your fantasies," I teased.

"No. I and Casey share this table everytime we do research and he is handsome," she said.

"Not more than me!" I said smiling as I leaned against the table and looked at her. She smiled as she pulled out a thick book.

"You are not gonna ask me to read that, are you?" I asked as I looked at her.

"It's the library catalogue. I'll locate the book. Is this your first time in the library?" she said.

"No. First time reading, yes," I said.

She laughed as she pulled out the reference number. She put the book back in and started walking towards another shelf.

"I'm happy that I got you to do it your first time," she said.

I smiled as I caught her hand and pulled her towards me. I bent down a little.

"Right back at ya," I whispered with my lips dangerously close to hers.

"I was wondering if-" Casey walked over as Rose jerked away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know... I'll come back later," he said.

"No. Um... It's alright. Theodore... Here's the book," she said as she thrust a book into my hands. She flustered as she started walking fast.

"Alright but what do I do with this?" I asked as if to stop her, just in vain.

I walked back to the table, smiling.

"I'm sorry. I didn't spot you guys," Casey apologised.

"It's alright, Case," I shrugged it off with my fists clenched. I decided to put up with this only because of Rose. I opened the book and stared at it when Rose returned wiping her hands with her kerchief. She paused and looked at me. I blew her a flying kiss as she face-palmed and walked back to the washroom.

Seems like she uses washrooms a lot...