28.

Rose:

"Finally Sunday..." I breathed as I sat down in the library flipping through the pages of one of the books. Casey sat down in front of me, his eyes in his book as his hand rested against his cheek.

"That's right," he said.

"I have been tired as hell lately," I said as I leaned against my chair.

"You left the job at the supermarket?" he asked.

"Not exactly. I shall leave after the next week. The shift starts at 4," I said pointing at the clock. It was 3:30pm.

Casey nodded as he fetched his paper out of the bag and handed it to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"My paper for this year's WriterFest." he replied smiling.

"Oh... The registrations are on?" I asked.

"Yeah. Assuming you are already done, I was wondering if we could submit this together," he said.

"I... I totally forgot! When's it due?" I asked.

"Tomorrow's the deadline," he said.

"I think I won't be able to participate this time," I said.

"I can help if you want me to but you have to participate," he said.

"I have no clue as to what I want to convey," I said.

"Just write whatever's in your head. Something that keeps you up at night," he said.

"What did you write about?" I asked.

"I wrote about the beauty of a molecule. It's something that I embrace," he said.

"What is the beauty of a molecule?" I asked him.

"The beauty of a molecule is that it cane build up to anything. One can't fathom about what and whose shape it'll take. It'll just be in the universe until its very own banishment," he said.

"And that my friend is the beauty of the molecule that made you up," I said. He smiled as I patted his shoulder.

"You are one hell of a competition," I said as he looked up at me smiling as leant in closer and squeezed his cheek.

"And I won't back down," he said as he pulled my hand away kissing it's innerside.

I removed my hand away as he laughed maniacally.

"Let's go... It's almost time for closing it up. The second shift is canceled for today. It's not like we have many people coming over," I said as I got up and arranged my belongings. I wore my bag as he walked out. I switched off the lights and locked the door. I then went on my heels to put up the locks on the top.

"Where's the sidestool?" he asked.

"I left it inside. Can you?" I asked as I handed him the keys. He nodded and locked it.

He put the keys in my bag as we then walked out.

"Can I drop you off at the market?" he asked.

"No. I'll take my bicycle," I said.

"I can drop you off. I promise I am not a rapist," he said smiling.

I smacked him, laughing.

"See you later, Sanders," I said.

"Hope to see you often, Bloomingham," he said as I waved cycling away.

I reached over there and parked by the road. I turned back to look at him as he was following me all the way till here.

"What? I am here to buy things," he said.

"Those are pretty old tricks," I said as I smiled walking back into the employee changing room. I opened the locker and wore my uniform for the last time.

I put my hair up and then walked out towards the counter. Casey walked up to me.

"What'd you buy?" I asked as I looked at his hands. He had a mentos in his hand.

"I bought this," he said grinning.

"You took an awful lot of time to drive till here and buy Mentos..."i said as I made the bill. He removed his purse as I put my hand on his.

"It's on me... Let me exploit my employee discount," I said sighing as he laughed. He then left waving at me.

The rush flow wasn't much as I took my own leisure time to make the bills.

The shop wasn't a big one in the mall but a small shop. There weren't many cash counters. 2 extra employees were present in the two different sections surveying the area.

I got bored so I went out to free one of them. I looked over the 5-6-7 aisles if anyone needed any help.

I spotted Theodore as I rechecked him. The same cheekbones and jawline and messed up hair. He seemed to have noticed me as well. He walked over, leaning against the shelf.

"I would advise you against that," I said.

"I would advise you against stealing looks at me," he said smiling.

"It's not that sturdy," I said pulling him away from the shelf. He laughed.

Amanda, the employee I had freed returned then.

"I gotta go to the cash counter." I said.

"I'd walk you there," he said as he pushed his trolley. I took place at my counter when I saw a man shoplifting items.

"'scuse me Sir. That's not allowed," I said as I caught up to him. He reeked of cigarettes and a bit of stale booze.

"Whats illegal about looking at stuff?" he asked.

"The thing that's illegal is the fact that you are shoplifting the store items. I' m afraid that I'll want them back," I said.

"Who are you? The Police? How can you prove?" he asked.

"Open your bag, second chain. Also, the right coat pocket," I said.

"Listen up sugar... You don't want to do that with me," he said as he ran his dirty finger against my cheek. I immediately stepped back.

"Please remove the items or I'm afraid I'd have to call the management," I said thoroughly disgusted. He walked a step closer.

"Give me a little sugar sweetie," he said.

"Sir... You are overstepping your boundaries," I said. He put his hand on the shelf as he inched closer. I felt a firm hand on my shoulder.