13.

Skylar:

I looked out of the window to look at Aiden as he was talking to Rose.

I pry opened the window to listen to them.

"Where is she going?" Rose asked folding her hands as she got up to look at him scrutingly.

"My house," Aiden replied.

"I need the address..." Rose said as she opened her phone.

Aiden recited the address.

"Hm... When will she be back?" Rose asked.

"I'll drop her off around seven," he replied. Rose was totally scaring him.

"I'll pick her up myself. What will you be doing?" Rose asked.

"We... Uh... We are... We would be practising for the performance on homecoming," he said as he wiped his forehead. A sheen of sweat had appeared.

I opened the door. He turned to look at me.

"That's enough screwing him," I told Rose as she smiled.

"Cheer up... I am not a monster," Rose replied as she walked over to me.

"For you," Aiden said as he handed me the camellias. I smiled as I touched the soft silky petals.

"I'll put in in your bedroom," Rose said as she kissed my forehead before tossing me my bag.

"Have fun," Rose smiled as she closed the door. I looked at Aiden. He was speechless.

"Your sister's beautiful," he managed to speak when he learnt the fact that I had been looking at him for a pretty long time.

"I know!" I said.

"You are beautiful too," he blurted out then looked away rushing to open the door of the car.

"What?" I asked him as he turned red. I smiled and got in.

My greyish green hoodie had an inscription in a language.

"I like your dress

"I like your dress... You look cute," he complimented.

"Thanks... Sorry my sister freaked you out," I apologised.

"It was alright," he laughed.

He drove around the corner as the car grew quiet.

"What does it say on your shirt?" he asked.

"It says 'unimaginable lies ahead' in Korean," I said.

"You know reading Korean?" He asked in disbelief.

"God no! My sister does," I replied.

"Oh... Do you think that it applies?" He asked.

"Honestly... Its possible. I don't imagine what will happen the very next second. It could be that we crash or we bump into someone. Or something entirely else happens. Unthinkable and unimaginable things happen all the time," I said.

"What would be the best thing that will happen later?" He asked.

"Unimaginable happens," I said.

He smiled a crooked boyish smile.

"And... Here," he said as he eased into his garage.

I didn't notice how long it had been. I looked around. The area looked familiar. Eery. I looked in front of the house.

It was the house I had grown up in. Aiden lived in the house in front of dearest Dad's.

"Any problem?" he asked.

"No..."I said.

"You grew quiet and your expression changed," he said.

"No... Its the first time I'll be playing with a guy," I said.

"Squeamish?" he asked. I nodded.

"Not more than me," he smiled as he opened the door. I entered as I saw his mother, the woman who had spoke on the day of the bring-your-child-to-work.

She stood up and smiled.

"Greetings!" I said.

She smiled.

"Have fun," she patted my shoulder softly before Aiden took me downstairs.

I looked at the basement. It was tidy and beautiful.

Aiden put the flowers in the vase.

"Let's start..." I said as I went over to the piano lifting the lid.

"Eat something," he said as he handed me a bowl of chips and a glass of juice.

I thought for a minute. It's just food, right?

I sat down on the couch as he sat down on the chair.

I bit into the chip trying to act nicely. He smiled.

It was so damned delicious.

"Oh boy!" I spoke before I covered my mouth. I turned beet red as he smiled.

"My Mom made that," he said.

"She is so good!" I replied.

We chatted casually for a while before I listened to his recording.

"I can play," I said as I sat down by the piano, legs in position as I slid my fingers over the keys.

I pressed and released composing in harmony. I closed my eyes imagining a field of tulips around me.

It was beautiful. I ended and realised I had a smile on my face.

"Let's do it again," he said as we started playing together.

We played and played as he looked at me and my eyes didn't leave his eyes.

We started playing something entirely different but still kept coordinating. It was beautiful and soothing. I realised as I looked away and pressed a black key.

I sat flustered as he didn't speak anything. We sat with a question in the air.

"I was thinking if you could come over this week for the performance the next week?" He asked.

"Well... Not tomorrow... Maybe from day after tomorrow," I replied tucking my hair behind.

"I have been wanting to ask... Its alright if you refuse... Do you... Would you like to be my date to Homecoming?" He asked out of the blue.

"I... Um..." I replied.

"It's alright if you already have a date with your boyfriend," he said.

"I... Um... I don't have a boyfriend," I shook my head.

"Oh... Did you have any plans for Homecoming?" He asked.

"I was gonna go with Rose like I always do but since she had a date, fly solo with Bianca and her date," I replied.

"Would you go?" He asked.

"Yes... It'll be fun," I said.

He nodded.

"What will you be wearing?" He asked.

"I haven't decided yet..." I said.

"Ok," he replied smiling.

"Why were you asking?" I asked him.

"Maybe we could coordinate... It'd look great on stage," he said as he looked at me.

"Alright... I'll let you know." I said.

There was silence, only  interruption piercing was me chewing the chips...