34.

Rose:

"So you came!" Theodore said as he walked in.

"Ironically, it was you who walked in," I said as I indicated for him to take a seat against the chairs that had been propped.

"We won't need them. The competition will be fairly short," he said as he leaned against the table. I smiled.

Casey took the seat next to me as my team say down.

"Where's your team?" Casey asked.

"Be ready to meet the nine jewels of our school," Theodore said.

Carlos walked in first.

"The first of my navratri." Theodore said.

"It'd be navratna instead of Navratri which is a festival," Minerva said as I smiled. Theodore brushed it off as his members walked in.

Carlos took a seat against me.

"That's my seat. Get up!" Theodore said as Carlos smiled sitting face to face with Casey.

"I'd have sat next to you but this is a game and I am second in command," Carlos said as he looked at Georgia, a member of our team.

"Shut up," Theodore said.

"So. The Principal'll be here in a few minutes. Why don't you guys start stating your names," Miss Wilson, our homeroom teacher said.

"We'd go first," I said.

"Rosalie Bloomingham," I stated.

My team completed the introduction as it went over to Theodore's team.

He stated his name as did his members.

My team consisted of the following:
1. Me
2. Casey
3. Brianna, who had been gone there last year.
4. Lara, the ultimate guide to biology.
5. Daniel, the mastermind behind most of the science projects.
6. Minerva, the chart topper in every Maths competition.
7. Georgia.
8. Gordon.
9. Tamra.

All of them had achievements against their names.

On the other hand, Theodore's team consisted of every person who isn't the conventional option.

For the fact, I knew that Carlos and Casey had a tough competition for number two. I wasn't a least bit worried.

Miss Marshall walked in as she sat down.

"There are going to be 11 questions. Their shall be majority members from the winning team and I'd take some out of the opponent team as well. Let's go," she said.

"What is the part of the car that joins two or more rotating shafts?" Miss Marshall asked.

"The Clutch," Tamra answered.

"That's correct," Miss Marshall said.

"Absolutely not. There are various types of clutches in a car. The correct answer should be the Auto Clutch!" Marya from Theo's team said.

"She's is correct," Miss Wilson said.

"Which she?" Theodore and I asked together.

"Marya should get the score," Miss Wilson said.

Miss Marshall nodded as she put up one against their name.

"Advancing forward..." Miss Marshall said as she asked.

"In which book did this quote feature “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”?" Miss Marshall asked.

I put my hand up.

"Yes Rosalie," she said as I answered.

"It's from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling," I said.

"Additional information, it comes in the part in the part where Professor Dumbledore has a chat with Cornelius Fudge about the classification of people," Casey said.

Miss Marshall smiled.

The questions continued and the scores had tied. Theo's members knew it all. Somehow they were even better than the group that we had selected. It all came down to the last, eleventh question.

"Last of it. Winner takes all," Miss Marshall said as she smiled.

"In the murder of Julius Caeser, who is accused majorly of the assassination?" Miss Marshall asked.

"It's Brutus," Carlos said as he said the answer loud enough for the sound to reverberate.

"Can you name his full name?" Miss Marshall asked.

"I am afraid I can't. He is name, another name and then Brutus," Carlos said.

"It's Marcus Junius Brutus," Casey answered.

"I guess that means we win," Minerva said.

"Saw it coming," Georgia answered.

"Wait wait... We said the name first. We gave them a hint!" Theodore said.

"Yeah right. Without your hint, we wouldn't be able to guess it," Tamra said as she folded her arms against her chest.

"Exactly," Theodore said as he looked at Miss Wilson and Miss Marshall.

"Well... Taking that the real answer that was needed was provided by the team that had been selected by Rosalie and Casey, I'd say that it suits the fact that they get selected." Miss Marshall said.

"According to the rules in case of such a situation, shouldn't there be another question?" I asked.

"Aren't we winning?" Casey asked.

"Alright then. If you say so... I'll give you another question," Miss Marshall said.

"How many countries are a part of the United Nations?" she asked.

"193," Casey replied.

"Fair and square. Now, I will list the names whom I want in the competition. Rosalie Bloomingham, Casey Sanders, Minerva Klinger, Georgia Han, Lara McRae, Carlos Strange, Tamra West, Posy Holmes and Theodore Payne," Miss Marshall said.

I was first, Casey was second. He smiled as I looked at Theodore who was a bit shocked to hear his name in the list.

"Don't be so shocked Payne, you are quite a computer whiz. I get that fire in you. I shall leave it all to the Representatives who will decide the practice sessions alongside the schedules. I want all of you to Co operate. Even you Payne and Strange," Miss Marshall said as she then walked out.

I walked over to Theodore before he was leaving.

"Good game," I said as he smiled. He put his hand on my shoulder as I smiled.

"Hey beautiful," he said huskily as he bent a little towards me.

"Keep it in your pants Payne. This is still the school campus," I said.

"I can't. I saw how hot you get while in a competition," he said.

"Likewise," I said as I licked my lower lip.

He laughed as I walked away winking.

"That's illegal, I can get you detained," he said.

"Try it," I said as I turned back and winked again.

I was then on my way, laughing.

He did this to me. He made me live my life as a teenager... And I can't blame him for his cuteness...