24.

Theodore:

I drove over to Rose's house and then back to get her corsage.

I put the buttons on my cuffs and rung the doorbell. After moments of shuffling, Rose walked down, her hand propped against the curve of her hips. She looked beautiful. Different than the girl I usually saw at school. I looked at the way her body curved. From the curve of her thigh to the curve of her hip and the dent of her spine. The dress hugged her figure. Her face was beautiful. Not a smudge. Not even a flick of extra makeup.

"You're perfect," I blurted out as she looked at me smiling.

"What?" she asked.

"You are perfect," I replied again. She blushed and smiled.

"Why were you late?" she asked.

"Interesting turn of events, I thought that Carlos knew how to tie a necktie," I said.

"Then?" she asked.

"He did show up but left with his girl waving out of a limo," I said.

"But you aren't wearing a tie," she said.

"Carlos didn't know how to," I replied.

"Where is the tie?" she asked as I held it in front of her eyes. She smiled as she came a step closer. She started working her way on the knot as I looked at her. Her eyes had the quality of being like an abyss. There was too much of her. One couldn't know everything about her.

She is just like the colours. She is all of them. She is black, red and green piled in one unique colour that suited her persona.

She had already completed the knot but her hand rested on my chest with her index finger moving ever so slightly in a rhythmic motion. Her eyes looked up at mine as she realised the close proximity and the probability for things to happen.

"Rose... I was thinking maybe-" Casey walking down the stairs as he paused looking at me.

"He showed up," Casey said as he walked closer. Rose removed her hand from my chest and held it close to her own.

"It's an interesting way of hugging me," I whispered to her..

"What?" she asked.

"Touching my chest and then yours. Not fair," I said as I raised my hand to freak her off. She smacked my hand down and held onto it.

"I guess we should leave now," Casey said as he walked past me giving me a glare.

What the fuck is wrong with him?

I sighed as Rose got in the car. She sat down next to me as I handed her the box with her corsage.

"Is this a fan badge?" she asked as she rattled it.

"My fan badges were over even before the store opened," I replied tilting my head and running my fingers through my hair.

"You're messing it up," Rose said smacking my hand down and arranging my hair with such precision that'd put Madame Tussauds to shame.

"Open the box," I said as she deftly opened the box. She removed the corsage and held it between her fingers.

"Did you like it?" I asked.

"Casey used to bring over corsages for me earlier," she said.

"Am I the replacement?" I asked leaning in towards her.

"No. You are the one," she said as she put it on.

It had a big white rose and small white roses put carefully around green leaves

I looked at the expression on her face. She looked at me and then smiled.

"How's it?" I asked. She looked up at me and then leaned over to my side of the car pecking my cheek softly before returning back to her seat.

"Did yo-" I said as she put her finger on my lips and asked me to drive.

She smiled the whole way over to the school. When we walked out of the parking, I put held her hand in mine as we walked in to the party. People were talking and laughing and dancing. Some of them were playing games as i looked over to the other side of the room to see Matthew.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked her as she looked around.

"What? It's just a party," I replied.

"I never had a date to come over at Homecoming. Its different. School seems different," she said.

"The answers to the mystery lies in one's mind," I said.

She smiled as we talked.

She looked over at Dakota as she danced, being the one everyone was looking at. I looked at her face. Then, I pulled her out with me.

"I can't." she said.

"Trust me... You can," I said urging her to dance. Everytime I had noticed her at parties, she'd be there, just omnipresent. I saw her in action.

She was nervous as first but i put my hand on her shoulder as she smiled dancing.

When the song ended, she looked at me in the eye and murmured a thank you.

I nodded along. I then walked over to visit Matthew, the returning Knight who led the team when I joined.

A little while later, the stage lit up when Skylar walked on the stage with Aiden. She said something funny as they laughed before sitting down next to each other.

I looked around for Rose but I found her chatting over with Casey. Maybe Casey is her friend and I am probably over thinking it. He isn't that sort of guy as Rose describes him.

Rose:

"That's what I told her. He looks cute," I told Casey as he just smiled looking at me.

"What?" I asked as he looked at my hand.

"I missed bringing you a corsage this year. I had found this lady that made the corsages custom. I was planning on bringing one of her art this year," he said.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"No... Don't apologise. How's the date going?" he asked.

"It's fun. I however haven't seen you dancing or enjoying," I said.

"I am enjoying." he said. I looked at him as he then sighed.

"It is boring. I like having you to talk to. You haven't got time for me today. This used to be our night. I liked having someone to dance with," he said.

"The night's still young. Let's dance together on Sky's performance. What do you say?" I asked. He smiled noddingly as he bent down and asked for my hand. I placed mine and followed him to the dance floor. It was a slow song and Casey specialised in elegant footwork. We danced swaying softly.

"I loved this composition when I was little," he said.

"You still are a little boy," I replied as he laughed dancing. My head touched his chest as we danced softly.

"Um... You got a minute?" Casey asked when I looked at Theodore. His stare was icy.

This was supposed to his and mine date. I totally forgot.

"I'm sorry... I have to go," I said as I followed Theodore out of the hall.