61.

Skylar:

"And since you are asleep, I am gonna rant out to you. You have been a bad sister and a bad daughter. And you got drunk. Didn't even ask me once. Not that you'd ask me to drink when you are sober. But you were out for the whole day. And you expect me to take care of you now as you sleep possibly drunk," I said.

"But then you are my elder sister. And I have to serve you for the ethics. The same elder sister who had said weird things from her own mouth. Even though you can say mundane things when you are angry or when I am doing Maths, I still have to hold up your principles. I will help you out of that dress, "I said as I removed the shoes and put them aside. Casey had already removed the purse, the jacket and her earrings. I removed her phone and opened her hair. The innerside of it was wet.

"And you had gone swimming too," I said. She shifted, groggy.

I bit my tongue.

"Even though you are asleep and I don't want to wake you up, I'll keep on ranting. Because when you are awake, you are reading, studying, working or busy. Do you know that we haven't spend much time together? Do you know that someday we will separate? Do you know how much you'd wish I was with you?" I whispered. I softly dabbed her wet hair and let them normal. I put Socks on her feet.

"And for the fact, I haven't yet forgiven you for abandoning me. I can't understand why you did that, just like I don't understand why you do what you do. But what can I do? I know your feet get cold when your hair are open. Am I to blame for this mistake of yours?" I asked as I removed her blanket and covered her with it.

"Next time, don't leave me alone. Be with me the moment I need you. Support me, anchor me, hold me. Or I would do it to you. But you are not to blame. Nor is our father or Mom. No one is to blame. It's just that the fairytales have roles for every character. Sometimes we just aren't in it. You don't have to always have the superhero complex and try to make everything perfect for me. Don't change things. Don't try to. Sometimes you know you can lean on me, Casey or Theodore. Just drop the hardwork, stop the hustle. Just lie down and close your eyes. Me talking to you doesn't mean that I won't give you the cold shoulder tomorrow. You disappeared for a whole fucking day with just a note to spare. A lousy note, that's all. Me caring for you is just because... I love you," I said as I kissed her forehead.

"I know you don't like me doing that. You just pretend to like it. For me." I said.

"I love you," I said as I switched the lights off and walked back downstairs. Casey sat on the couch.

"Thanks for staying," I said.

"I was worried. She never stormed off that angrily," he said.

"It's alright now. You can stay over if you want," I said.

"That's be weird. I'll take my jacket from her room. I nodded as he went upstairs. He walked back minutes later and nodded.

"Take care," he said as he put his hand on my head. I nodded.

"Close the door tightly. You are alone at home," he said.

"I would. If everybody had someone reminding it as you, it would be a safe place," I said.

"There have been in-home burglaries. My house has guards. Your is in a society. Many people are here. Just try and keep safe," he said. I smiled as he waved.

"Alright. Good night," I said. He smiled as he walked out. I closed the door.

"Put the second lock as well," he shouted.

"Nagger!" I said as I closed it. I switched the light off and retired back to my bed. It was really late. We had school the next day. The next morning, I got dressed and changed for school. I picked up my bags as I rushed downstairs.

I saw Rose wearing an apron as she made toast. She settled them down and applied chocolate to them. She was working. I waited for a while as I smiled. Then I realised, I was angry with her. I walked into the kitchen as she looked at me. I ignored her and removed another bread from the packet and put it in the toaster. She put down the chocolate milk. I was not gonna fall this time. I opened the chocolate powder box to find it empty. The bread were ready. I removed them and walked over to the table. I crossed my leg and started applying fruit jam onto the toast. I cut the sandwiches into squares and removed a tiffin box. I put it in and slided another box to her. She slided the plate towards me.

"I am still very angry but my principles are not to waste food," I said as I bit into the bread.

"Liar," she breathed.

"Also,milk is very expensive. We should not waste it. I know that you don't like chocolate milk so I shall not let it go waste," I said as I chugged a bit.

"Liar," she grinned.

"I am still furious but man these breads are amazing!" I said as I ate up. She smiled.

"Did you eat?" I asked.

"I knew how to make this. I'll grab something later. We have the day to prepare so I guess I'd be fine," she said. I got up and removed a few cookies.

"I baked them yesterday. Don't worry they are fresh," I said trying to be bitter. I turned to give it to her as she hugged me.

"Please don't be cold to me," she said.

How could I refuse her like that? She knew my buttons. I smiled as I hugged her.

"Acting angry isn't my forte. I love you," I said. She smiled.

"I love you too," she said as we sat back down.