77.

Theodore:

After a few normal days of glancing at each other coyly and her getting flustered at me winking, we finally broke the silence and decided to go on a date.

"Hey," she said awkwardly as she waited in front of the bus stop next Sunday. A full week after the incident.

"Hey sexy," I said trying to lighten her mood.

"This is a public place," she said.

"Oh I am pretty sure they agree with my statement," I said.

She burst into a giggle.

"Stop it!" she said still giggling.

"I can't," I said as I put my hand on her shoulder.

She kept on giggling as we boarded the bus.

"What's our travel plan?" I asked rubbing her shoulders.

"I just need to finish one task.  After that we can choose any place you want," I said.

"Fine by me," I said. The bus arrived as she got on. She placed her hand on the railing and jumped right in. She scanned her card and looked at me.

"Come on in," she said.

"I don't have a bus card," I said.

"Come on in, it's okay. I'll pay for both of us," she said.

"Okay!" I said as I got in. The bus wasn't packed but was full. There was one vacant seat.

"You sit, I'll stand," I said.

"Oh. It's okay. I am used to it. Don't worry!" I said.

"Well... What do you mean by that? Honey, I am a sportsperson. I run fields. I can stand for as long as I want," I said.

"The bus ride is gonna be long," she said.

"Well then it's decided. You shall sit down." I said as she smiled.

She sat down next to a sleeping lady and removed her phone.

"Hey hey hey... What are you doing?" I asked.

"Oh. I just need to write the checklist," she said.

"Well then what about me?" I asked.

"What about you what? What did you want me to do?" she asked.

"Maybe talk. Or listen to songs. Or listen to a podcast. Or talk. Surely talk," I said.

"What do you wanna talk about?" she asked.

"Nothing much. What are your thoughts on 'The Bachelor'? Don't you think the bachelor this year kinda sucks?" I asked.

"So it's safe to say that you don't know what to talk about," she laughed.

"No. Maybe. No. You are the one who knows topics. I got no topics. You know that!" I said.

"It'll be fifteen minutes. I swear. I'll complete it and then we can talk," she said.

I didn't reply as I leaned onto the pole. Fifteen minutes passed. Then did another 15 minutes. We passed a bus stop and a seat after Rose's aisle emptied. I looked at the entrance. The bus conductor was helping a pregnant lady walk in. She was all alone. I gave her an arm to help her get in. I walked her into the seat first and then asked for her bus pass. Her breathes were hollow like she had been running. Handling a baby isn't easy.

She handed it to me, still trying to catch her breath. I paid it with her bus pass and gave it back to her.

"Thanks," she said still panting.