29.

Theodore:

"I bet you don't want trouble," I said as I stood next to Rose as she looked at me.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Superman. Apparently without my cape or the red undies. Still a hero," I said as I dialed the Police.

"I am not shoplifting," he said.

"Open your bag, sir." the manager of the store walked over as he stepped back.

"I don't have anything on me," he argued. The manager took another step closer as he bumped into one of the shelves and a few of the boxes fell down. He turned back and rushed over for the door. I jumped over the boxes but he tripped on his own toes and fell down.

"Next time you shoplift, try not to be drunk," I said as took his bag and handed it over to Rose.

"Also, try to be more respectful to woman," I said as I helped him up. The manager took him in his office as the store then resumed. I went over to Rose's counter as she scanned the items and prepared the bill.

"Thanks," she said when she handed me the bill.

"Thanks as in for helping you out or for choosing your store?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She laughed as I smiled handing her a juice can.

"You must be tired," I said.

"Not much..." she said smiling.

"Can I drop you off at school tomorrow?" I asked.

"I can't. Sky'll be there," she said.

"You are worried that she'll grow a fancy to me?" I asked smiling. She smacked me softly.

"Maybe I'll call in the security," I teased her.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said.

"Oh... I am not leaving," I said.

"C'mon... Bbye," she said as she pushed my trolley a little. I smiled as I walked out.

I put the stuff in the car and drove over to Sky's house.

I rung the doorbell as she rushed down in a beautiful top and jeans. She opened the door.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello..." she replied as she hung her apron.

"You were making food?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll bring you one." she said as she opened the door.

I stood on the door as she turned to look at me.

"Why aren't you coming in?" she asked.

"Rose hadn't called me in yet," I said.

"She doesn't let many in. Come on. Get cozy," she said as she picked up a blanket and put it away. I sat down on the couch as she came back out with a beautiful cupcake.

"You bake?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said as she sat down.

"You dressed up for me? Gee I am not a big personality," I said. She rolled her eyes. Just like her sister would have.

"A'ight. You said you had to talk to me about something." Sky said.

"How long have Rose and Casey been together?" I asked.

"Years. So many years," she said munching on a cookie.

"How close are they?" I asked.

"They complete each other's sentences. That close," she replied.

"Oh..." I said.

"Why? Don't tell me you are jealous of him," she said looking at me and winking.

"Why would I be jealous of him? I am hotter, cuter and more masculine than him. Don't you think I am better?" I asked.

"Honestly, I think Casey has the goods. He can please better," she said.

"Well then you don't know how I please," I grinned.

"Ew... You are sating my sister!" she said as she got up.

"I am sorry. It's just a joke," I apologised.

She looked at me smiling.

"Its alright. Although you'll have to leave. I am gonna have some guests," she said.

"Is it that boy you played with on Homecoming?" I teased.

"Getting too close to me already?" she asked.

"People say that even though I am handsome, I am very approachable," I said smiling and bowing.

"Go away before-" she said when the doorbell rung.

"I'll leave through the backdoor. But who is it?" I asked as she sighed pushing me out.

"You get even meaner than your sister," I said as I rushed out. I peeped through the window to see Casey.

Seems like Casey and Rose were too close to each other.

Skylar seemed to have spotted me. She glared at me before getting up to close the blinds.

I sighed and went back to my car, driving away.

Skylar:

"Two minutes tops. Help yourself with the cupcake," I said after closing tee blinds.

"What flavour?" Casey asked.

"Bacon fat drizzle," I said as I sat down.

He ate as we talked. Minutes later Rose came over to home.

"Give me a few minutes. I'll change," she said.

"C'mon. You look great. Besides its not a formal meet... Let's go," Casey said as he walked over to her.

"Alright," she said. We walked out as she closed the door.

"Skylar... Did anybody come over earlier?" Casey asked.

"Yeah. A friend did," I said. I hadn't told Rose about the fact that Theodore would be coming over.

"Let's do a karaoke," Casey said as Rose smiled. He started a song. Casey hit all the notes perfectly as we just joined. We laughed and laughed when we sung anything as we didn't know some of the lyrics. After the ride, we dropped over at his house. We walked in. Mom was already waiting with Casey's mom, Isla. They were talking.

"Thanks for inviting us over," Rose said.

"It's alright," Casey said as they linked hands.

"You guys go to his room while we get the food ready," Mom said. I nodded following Casey and Rose.

Rose kept laughing the whole time. There was something about their friendship. All these years, all the ups and downs, they just stuck there for each other. He made her laugh. She teased him. They were so close knit that there are moments that I can't even understand what was going on.

It's extraordinary. It's beautiful. They know each other better than even I know them.