53.

Theodore:

"I am knock, knock, knocking on the devil's door," I sand as I knocked on Rosalie's door.

A little while later her mother opened the door as I looked at her.

"Hey," she said smiling.

"Bonjour, enchantè-d," I said.

"Isn't it supposed to be enchantè?" she asked.

"It is but you enchanted me. So enchantè-d," I said grinning.

"Nice one," she smiled.

"I am," I said bowing. She laughed.

"I came for Rosalie. Is she around?" I asked.

"She went to the quiz study group. Aren't you supposed to be there?" she asked.

"They didn't call me. I know what this is. I am too intelligent," I said.

"Against my daughter? You don't stand a chance," she smiled as she went over to the kitchen.

"Ah! Auntie. You don't need to do all of this! Let me help you," I said.

"I was just gonna make coffee but alright," she smiled. I pulled out a chair for her as she looked at me.

"Don't worry. The only time I burned my house down was when I was 8," I said as she sat down smiling.

"Which reminds me. How was 8-year-old Rosalie?" I asked as I started prepping up things for coffee.

"8 year old Rosalie was the champion at ballet and loved learning," she said.

"Auntie... Why don't we team up? I mean, I am always more embarrassing than her. Tell me some stories of her messing things up," I said.

"Oh. She never messed things up. Even as a baby. If something was on her mouth, she'd look at me with wide eyes and glare at me to remove it. She was a delight, not an embarrassment. She never was embarrassed of everything. Except her father," Chelsea said.

"She turns dark whenever it gets mentioned," I said.

"She thinks she has to take revenge of some kind. I asked a psychiatric about it. It is general that children blame themselves for the divorce. But Rosalie. She blamed her father. Blames. She doesn't see it but she is scared of it. Scared of herself," she said as she got up and removed cookies from the cabinet.

"Don't you blame him?" I asked out of curiosity. Rosalie was unpredictable, Skylar was  confusing, while their mother was befuddling, which is an actual word according to Rosalie.

"Why would I blame him? I am proud of myself for where I am now," she smiled as she looked at me.

I poured the coffee for her and a cup for mine.

"Rosalie is intelligent but she is dumb. Or in your words lame," she said as she pushed the plates towards me. I took one and ate it. I carried the coffee to the table as she looked at me.

"No. She is fun to be with. But not in a library," I said.

Her mother smiled.

"She becomes the real herself when someone like you pulls her out of the bubble. You are quite a catch, Theodore. She might not say it but she loves being with you," she said.

"I do too," I said as we continued chatting for a while.

"It's a shame that I can't spend more time with you. I have to go to the meeting," she said.

"Honestly, you are pretty cool for a daughter like Rosalie. Who is she more like?" I asked.

"She doesn't accept it but she is more like him. Competitive and repulsive. That's what charmed me," she said as she picked up her bag.

"She is perfect. He isn't. How is it possible?" I asked.

"You are naïve. But you are perfect for her too," she said smiling.

"Chelsea. You were too perfect for him," I said. She smiled as I walked out. I got onto my bike and drove towards my house. I decided to take a detour and landed onto the area around Martin's house. I found Casey as he hurriedly got out towards his car.

"Hey... You finally understood that I don't need to study for a test, eh?" I said as I stopped in front of his car.

"I am sorry, the what again?" he asked.

"No need to hide it. I know. Its alright for you too feel ashamed since you cannot be compared to me. It's alright to feel upset," I said, smiling.

"I don't have time for this bullshit. I have to go," he said as he got into his car.

"Oh wait dear. Tell me, where are you going?" I asked.

"Why?" he asked.

"Well... Rosalie is my girlfriend and you are his friend. Although, I dislike you, the formalities ask me to have a know where you are. What if you are going to kill someone and I become the last person you see? Wouldn't I be questioned?" I asked.

"You surely will be the person whom I talk to before killing you. Now get out of the way," he said.

"Alright... Umm... No," I said as I parked the bike in the middle of the road.

"Jesus," he sighed.

"Tell me now," I said.

"Let me go. This is important," he said as he backed the car up and turned. He was then gone.

I thought about chasing his car but then thought against it.

I drove over to the Macdonalds.

I got in and ordered a big Mac. I sat down as I removed my phone. I hadn't realised but it was silent. I checked the call log. Three from Skylar. Seven from Carlos. Two from Mom. One from Rosalie.

Maybe she called in for something. Damn. Maybe it was important. So she switched to Casey. He had left hurriedly and the call was just 30 minutes ago.

I completed my burger as I got out and called her. The phone was switched off. I got a bit worried.

She didn't pick up. I got onto my bike and drove over to her library. She wasn't there. Maybe she was alright. I drove over to the school for a football practise.

After changing, I got out and looked around. The guys were playing as I looked at Rosalie, sitting on the grass and looking towards the sun.