9.

Theodore:

"What are you doing?" she asked looking at me protective of herself.

"Jesus... Don't strain your ankles in those heels. Sit on the hood. I'll bring the food out," I said.

She sat flustered as she crossed her ankles.

"You wanted me to do that, didn't you?" I asked winking.

"Jesus!" she said.

We started eating.

"I can tell you that this was the best date I had in a while," I said. She smiled. We didn't speak a word, just ate looking down at the light glinting off the windows.

After a whole, when we completed, I fished through my car trying to find out napkins. I did find them but they were used ones.

Shd almost instantly removed a packet of tissues and wet wipes from her bag, offering me.

"Do you have a second universe on your bag?" I asked her.

"The evidence of second universe is as ubiquitous as the evidence of Pluto returning back to its Solar path," she said.

"Or as ubiquitous as Taylor Swift and Katy Perry reconciling," I said.

"They already reconciled," sge replied.

"Is there anything you don't know?" I asked.

"That is a weird question... How would I know something that I don't know?" she countered.

"It was rhetorical!" I said as she smiled. For her, I must be a walking joke.

"Anyways... There is a vacancy in this year's cheer squad. Maybe you'd wanna go?" I asked her.

"Probably not. I don't like being with them," she said.

"They are not monsters," I refused.

"No. They are bullies which is even worse," she said.

"C'mon... You nerds never give us chances to socialise," I said.

"Uh huh... Do you preps and jocks even try to talk without bullying?" she argued.

"Which brings me back to my initial question, you never let us talk to you guys. That's the reason I never asked you out even though I wanted to," I blurted out. I covered my mouth after I heard what I had said. It made me look so stupid.

"You wanted to ask me out?" she asked smiling.

"I did... I was curious," I said.

She smiled as she looked at me.

"Please forget what happened," I said.

"Your Ferris Wheel will make me remember," she said.

We sat there holding hands as we looked down upon the population. The hustle and bustle and the fear of being lost in them.

We decided that its time to move back home. She asked to drive the car which I allowed. She sat focused as she drive silently. I admired her stealing glances at traffic signs.

She seemed unrealistic. Almost like an illusion for she was captivating. One couldn't peel themselves away from her. She seemed out of reach.

She drive over to her house and packed the car. I walked out to open the door for her. She got out.

"This was lovely," she said.

"You are lovely," I said.

She waited for a moment before reaching for my hand and squeezing it. I reached over and pulled her to hug me briefly.

"I shall go back in now. My sister is probably watching from her window," she said.

I looked up to find the curtains moving abruptly.

"Yeah she was," I said. Rose smiled and walked back in, her hands clutching her bag and the Ferris Wheel.

I stood there for a moment before I saw her come over to the balcony structure and waved. I smiled as she got back in. I saw Skylar peeping from her window and I waved to her as well. She blushed and pulled the curtains over herself only leaving her eyes.

I drove back home and sat there on my bed with the book lying on the bedside table.

My mother used to buy me a lot of books. She stopped later when she realised that I didn't read them.

I opened the first page which had her note.

This date meant a lot for me

I smiled as I pulled the note out and put it in the box by my bedside table and pulled up the duvets closing my eyes and stopping the pictures of her smiling and laughing.

This felt different from when I would come back home and lay on my bed thanking the God for it ending.

I am genuinely interested in Rose.

Skylar:

"Please?" I asked Rose as she shook her head.

"Just the fun parts," I said.

"You need to go sleep... Go now," Rose said. I pouted then put my hands on my hips as I walked back to my room and closed my eyes succumbing to the sleep.

The next morning I woke up and got dressed for school. The first class was supposedly PE.

I had a genuine hate for PE. The reason being (A) I hate bing sweaty. (B) I suck at jumping and stuff (C) Others were better at it than me. (D) I hated PE.

I went to the school as the announcer announced my name to call me to the Principal's office.

"What did you do now?" Rose asked.

"That's the point! I didn't!" I said.

"C'mon tell me... I won't tell Mom," she said.

"Rose Bloomingham and Skylar Bloomingham please report to the Principal's office," the speaker went off with a crack.

"What did you do? I promise I won't tell Mom," I repeated her words as she gave me an eye roll. Better than a middle finger though.

I followed her to the office.

"Rose and Skylar Bloomingham reporting," she introduced before I could even open my mouth.

"Your father phoned in the school, said he had an emergency and needs you there," the girl who was the announcer said.

"Did he give any details?" I asked.

"No. Just that it was an emergency and he needs you," the girl replied.

I looked over at Rose and studied her expression. She was in a state of turmoil and was calculating as to what would be the potential answer to it.

"Rose... What should we do?" I asked her.

She didn't reply just paced back and forth. I leaned in against the wall.

"Rose... Is everything alright?" Theodore walked in.

"What are you doing here?" Rose asked.

"Just came in to wish the Principal morning. Just like I always do. You got into trouble?" he asked the question looking at me.

"Hey!" I stood up.

"I'm afraid we have to leave now. Sky?" she asked as she laced her fingers with mine as we walked out. Rose had a lot going on in her mind. She was stressed and angry. I just hope it ends well.