32.

Rose:

"Damn that's good writing!" Casey said as he completed typing my paper.

"Of course is," I said straightening up.

"How are the questions coming along?" he asked.

"I've got 20 for them to answer and they range from all the fields. Total of 9 members from classes 11th and 12th. Considering us, we only need 7 members. I have taken mixed bag," I said.

"Alright. We'd put up a Notice outside on the board in the morning and conduct this tomorrow. I am sure there won't be many people entering, it won't be time consuming," he said.

"We can meet up at the library and select them. The draft members will then be called in for second round that'll select our top 5 who'd compete. Those questions shall be picked out by Miss Marshall. So it'd be fair and square," i said as I cracked my knuckles.

"First up we need the draft for the Notice. I'll get cracking on that," he said.

"Alright. You work as I rest," I said putting my books away putting the pillow under my head.

"Promise me one things though," I said.

"What?" he asked.

"You'll come second on the top 5," I said.

"Who'll be first?" he asked.

"Me," I said. He laughed as I snuggled into the pillow. I dozed off for a solid hour.

I looked up after a while to see Casey. His head was lulled backwards and his eyes were closed.

"Case?" I called him. He had dozed off.

I picked up the blanket and laid it on him. I took the laptop from his hands. I closed it and put it on the table. I took his phone and put it on the table along with his laptop. He pulled the blanket closer as I removed the hair that were stuck on his eyelashes.

I left him there and went upstairs. Skylar was asleep. I picked up her clothes and and put them in the laundry basket. I waited for a minute before leaving. I went back downstairs as I opened his notebook. I worked my way through. After 45 minutes, I looked up to find Casey staring at me.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Your determination for things scares me," he said as I laughed putting the books down.

"I'll leave now. They say it's not considered good for a gentleman to stay at a lady's house after 6," he said.

"It shouldnt matter since you are no gentleman," I said. He laughed as I got up.

"I shall bid you farewell though," I said as I put an arm on his shoulder. He laughed as he got out.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

"Making sure you won't come back in," I said. He laughed before driving away. I got back in and woke Skylar up.

"Good girls don't sleep after 6," I said shaking her.

"Then let me be a bad girl," she spoke groggily.

"Santa doesn't bring bad girl gifts," I said shaking her.

"Well then you bring it," she said turning as she pulled her blanket.

"Get up," I said as she sighed and got up.

"You know what... I can't understand how you wake up so fresh and look gorgeous even at that moment," she said.

"It's not me... It's all of the humans," I said. She laughed as I gave her water.

I cleaned up her room.

"Help me wash dishes," I said.

"Ask Casey," she said.

"He isnt here. And he is a guest," I said.

"He is a good guy. He'd help," she said.

"You have to help your sister in household chores," I said.

She sighed and got up.

"That's the reason why being girl is a bane," she said. I smiled as we walked down. She washed the dishes as I wiped them. We then arranged the dishes.

"You went out with Aiden today... How was it?" I asked.

"It was good," she replied.

"Tell me the details," I said turning to look at her.

"Nope. You didn't tell me about Theodore and those gifts either," she argued.

"I need to check on Aiden," I said.

"Contact FBI and the CIA immediately," she teased.

"I need to know if he is right for you. You trust my judgement right?" I asked.

"I do but sometimes I want to do things myself. I want some canvases of life to be messy. That's what I'd compare myself to when I grow up," she said.

"I get it. Just well me already," I said.

"Fine. But you'd have to tell me about Theodore as well," she said.

"Deal," I said as we sat down. She told me all about the day. It was beautiful. She is right that she needs messy canvases to look back to but people don't like messy.

"Are you going to see him again?" I asked.

"Yeah. Of course," she replied.

"I'm happy for you," I said.

"Now your turn," she said as she picked up an apple.

I told her about everything. The ferris wheel and his fear of them that he was trying to mask too hard. It was like snippets. I remembered everything that had happened and revisiting that made it even more special. It's beautiful. All of it. Just magical.

"To conclude, Theo is a hopeless romantic even though he has that bad boy tag," Skylar said.

I smiled.

"What happened on prom night?" she further enquired.

I felt the heat rush to my cheek as I looked at my hands.

Good thing that Mom walked in at that moment. She had brought take out today so we didn't have much cleaning to do. We talked about what happened at school along with the responsibilities that came with my badge.

"It must be exhausting," Mom said.

"It's the weight of the crown I wear," I said.

Later that night, I checked my phone for new messages. There was one from Theodore. It just read-'You up'

That two words somehow made energy rush through me. I felt somehow excited that he had messaged.