49.

Rose:

"So... What's next?" I asked him eagerly.

"I won't spoil the surprise," he said as he drove over to a mall. The shops were open and people were either dining or buying things.

"So your plan is to have me eat food from every restaurant available?" I asked him.

"That's what'd cheer Skylar up. For you, we need to do something that is philosophical and meaningful," he said.

"And what'd that be Professor Payne-in-the-ass?" I asked.

He grinned as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Follow my lead," he said as he took me over to a restaurant. I had never been here before but I could tell that it was a big one.

He took me over to the table and pulled out a chair for me. I looked at him and then sat down.

"Are we gonna eat? Cuz I am still pretty confused as to what we are doing here," I said.

"Oh... You underestimated me. We are not gonna eat. We are gonna wreak havoc," he said.

I just smiled as he got up and removed his jacket. He put it on my shoulder and removed my hair tie as they fell down.

"We are gonna be fucking embarrassments for ourselves," he said as he looked at me.

He abruptly got up and removed his phone.

"The song playing here is dull. Let's add a little spice to it," he said. He started playing 'Youngblood' by 5SOS on his phone in full volume.

"This is a thing I am good at. You love competitions. Beat me at this," he said. He started dancing. There, in the middle of the area where people are eating. He has no shame.

The people were at first annoyed but then slowly, they leaned into it.

"Fucking First!" he said looking at me. I sighed as he pulled me up.

"Claiming defeat?" he asked. I looked at him before I started dancing. I had never danced so abruptly before. I had learnt ballet for a few years but the song demanded something else.

We started dancing as people looked at us. A few were very irritated. The other half, the majority, enjoyed it. They laughed and even started dancing. Eventually, the management intervened and we were asked to leave.

Before leaving, getting kicked out, Theodore shouted, "MARCO!"

The others shouted, "Polo!"

I didn't realise. I was also one of the Polos.

"And that's the way you get kicked out. It's an honour, the management walks us out. Fuck yes!" he said.

I just looked at him in awe. He smiled. We stood on the sidewalk as I walked towards him. I placed my hands on his shoulder before kissing his lips. I stopped to take a breath.

"I am fucking insatiable!" he said.

I just laughed into his jacket.

"By the way... I am actually a bit cold... Can I have my jacket back?" he asked. I smiled before giving it back to him. We got into the car as he looked at me.

"Have you ever done something so ridiculous?" he asked me.

"I have," I said.

"Did I beat it?" he asked.

"Well... I had ordered my Starbucks as 'Primrose Everdeen'. I had had fun when the barista called it out and I 'volunteered'. That was crazy," I replied.

"Well... I beat it," he said as he started driving.

"Another thing. Remove my pen from the jacket and the tissues from the pocket and write down," he said. I did as I was told. He had stolen the tissues from the restaurant.

By the time we reached the house blocks, I had several tissues with things written as 'I know where you live' and 'You are one of them' and 'Sorry for the damage of your car'. He parked the car and we got out of it. He started running and putting the tissues randomly in mailboxes and used his saliva to stick it on places and on the cars. I just looked at him and watched.

"This is not a Macbeth play. Do it," he said. I put one in the mailbox as he laughed.

"We are fucking legends!" he said as we got back into the car. By this time, I had gotten exhausted as he drive off to the cliff of our first date. We sat on the hood as he looked at me.

"What was the point of all of this?" I asked.

"To prove it to you that you are not an embarrassment. Well, not the only one," he said.

"You know that you are crazy, right?" I asked him.

"You don't even know the half of it. You don't realize this but you are a star. A rare one," he said.

"I know the fact that I am made of stars according to the theory..." I argued.

"That's the problem. You like literature but you thrive on theories. There are no questions. Except the one that Mr. Brown picks out. Everything is made of matter, true. But every person explodes differently. Every thing is different. They put out the norms to understand. We don't need to understand. We all need to just combust. Prove our existence. You don't need theories for that. You need to have guts to be able to dance in a restaurant. You need to be swift as to put in the notes in the mailboxes. Once you do all of this, your heart thumps against your chest. That is your existence. Your theories are bogus. But the rhythmic sound of your heart is the answer to those questions," he said.

"Wow," I said as I looked in his eyes.

"I told you... I'd do something that is philosophical and meaningful. Remember this Rosalie. You are a fucking explosion!" he said.

"How are you so unpredictable?" I asked him.

"You sort out the variables and compare them... I sort out the variables so I don't do them," he said.

"You don't even know me that well," I said.

"I hope to," he said. I smiled.

"I don't want to know what's with your Dad. I don't want to know your variables and compare you. I want to be the first to have you do things that you don't even fathom about. I am gonna be the one to make you explode," he said.

"That's the best thing anyone as ever said," I said.

"I told you. No fucking variables," he replied as I leaned my head against his shoulder.