6.

Rose:

"It's that... My parents are getting a divorce," she said.

"I know your mother is dating Mr. Bloomingham," I said.

"Yes... Bloomingham is a housewrecker. My parents are getting divorce and I may end up in Mom's custody," she said.

"I am sorry that you'll have Mr. Bloomingham as a father," I said.

"I don't know why I am telling you this but I really wanna change my reputation here," she said as her brows furrowed.

"If this thought is any way comforting to you, you add good in your own skin... We are not on good terms but yes Dakota... We went to junior school together and what I remember vividly is not you," I said.

"Anyways... Here... Take this to your Mother and Skylar..." she said.

"Thanks but we are fine," I said.

"This isnt charity... This is a way of saying thank you. I don't want to owe you anything," she said as she got up.

"Why did you come over to me?" I asked her.

"I somehow felt that you'd know the answer like you always do," she replied smiling.

"Life isn't about answers. It's assumptions and guesses," I said.

"I guess coming here was a good idea," she said.

I nodded as she walked away. I sighed as I fished my phone out to check the time.

I went back outside and relieved Becky off her work.

I removed my book from the bag and started doing the earning of this month. I did the finances and ordered two more books.

I sighed as I looked out of the window thinking about the date with Theo.

I locked up at the usual time and walked over back to the house.

Mom was back early and Clara sat with her on the porch as they talked.

I handed Skylar the cupcakes as she eagerly took a bite. She could do quite a commercial for the cupcakes.

She thanked me and offered Mom another one.

"Mom... Um... Can I go out around seven-ish?" I asked her as I sat down.

"Of course you can... Where are you going?" she asked.

"To Burger Joint," I said.

"With?" Mom inquired further.

"Theodore Payne ," I said.

"The guy that used to visit you here?" Mom asked.

"Yes. Him,"I said.

" He's a good guy... Yesterday he helped me with the grocery bag in the supermarket," Mom said.

"What was he doing there?" I asked her.

"I dunno. He was just there. He helped me with the load and let me carry the ones that were light," Mom said.

He probably did that to impress Mom. Although he is a great guy, the possibility of him being the mart, the exact aisle, the moment Mom needed help was quite slim.

"Anywho... How was first day?" Mom asked Skylar.

"It was great. I spent time in the music room. Mom did you know that the son of Sparks is studying in my grade?" she shared eagerly.

"Aiden studies in your batch?" Mom asked.

She nodded.

"He is quite talented. I heard him play the cello and he is great at it," Skylar said.