5.

Rose:

"Mr. Bloomingham, a pleasure to sore eyes, aren't you?" I asked as I got in to find Skylar sitting on the dinner table with Mr. Bloomingham.

"I am really sorry, Rose. Can you give me a second chance? Can I be a part of your upbringing?" He asked.

"That would not be a great idea Mr. Bloomingham considering I have two half-siblings that I know of, presumably there are more... Mr. Bloomingham, my sister and I have work to do, you do too... I'll expect you to take a leave," I said.

"I'm sorr-" Skylar went to apologise as I squeezed her shoulder.

"Don't call me Mr. Bloomingham," he said.

"Or what? You'd beat me?" I asked.

"Rose." He said as he got up from his chair.

"I shouldn't disrespect you... Martin, you consider leaving now?" I asked. Skylar looked at me as I focused my eyes on him.

He got up and walked out.

"You cannot let people like him come home... Do you understand? Thank God I came off shift!" I said.

"Rose? Why?" she asked as her eyes started tearing up.

"Don't cry Sky... Life is full of shitbags like him. We just gotta dump them," I said as she got up and hugged me.

"Don't stress yourself out," I said. She nodded as she silently went back upstairs and I sat down.

I should have talked to Mom about it.

The next morning, I sat down on my desk next to Casey's in the class.

Class went on as usual. The school ended as I packed up my books and went back down. Dakota stood at the gate as she looked at me from behind her lens.

"I heard about your Mom's split," she said.

"It doesn't matter," I said as I tried to walk past her.

"Glad he's gone. He was a douche," she said.

"You are no one to comment on my father," I said.

"Are you bothered?" she asked as she bent a little.

"Shut up," I said as Casey came over.

"Get out of here," he said.

"Why do you care? You like her? Have fantasies and fetishes about her?" Dakota said as she bit her lip.

"I swear Dakota if you ever bring something about Casey or  my Dad, I will get you expelled. I know what happened a few years ago and that's enough to keep you out for a few more," I said. She smirked as she walked away.

"She is a pain in the arse," I said.

Casey smiled his big smile.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come at my house," he said.

"Well... Your neighbourhood is my nightmare... I don't wanna visit them anytime soon," I said.

He nodded.

"So-" Casey started to say something but Theodore came over.

"Hey Babe," he said as he put his hand on my shoulder which I didn't jerk away.

Casey got away.

"I wanna talk to you," he said.

"Let's do it somewhere a little more quieter," I said.

"My car?" he asked.

"That would be fine." I said.

He nodded as he stretched out his hand. I put mine in him as he ushered me over to his car.

"I wanna talk about what happened in the party," he said.

"That was great of you. Thanks." I replied.

"I meant you and me in the car," he said. I bit my lip as memories resurfaced.

"It's that I felt that I owed you. You were the first person I feel attracted to... I felt the need to talk." I said.

"Let's say it... I am interested in you Rose. Would you like to go on a date?" he asked. He took me by surprise.

"Theodore... I... I would like to." I replied.

"This evening at the burger joint by the library?" He asked.

"It would do just fine," I said.

"Rose... Why didn't you date anyone before me? You do a pretty good job yourself," he asked.

"It's that I never felt connected to anyone except you," I replied.

He smiled.

"Don't get your wings flapping in the space," I replied.

He smiled as he let go of my hands.

"I shall leave now," I said.

"Maybe I can drop you and Skylar off," he said.

"That wouldn't be necessary Theo," I said smiling.

He winked. I looked at him and then at my feet feeling shy. I opened the door and waved him goodbye.

I came back home and walked over to the library to find the most shocking thing I could find. Dakota Green leaned against the good of her car, her sunglasses perched on her head.

I ignored her and walked inside. I relieved the girl who was on the shift before me. I sat down and began entering records.

"You still work here?" she asked smiling.

"I don't work here... I own it," I said looking at her.

"Your pride hasn't changed, has it?" she smiled.

"Somethings don't change. Neither have you," I said.

"Your Dad owned it... Didn't he?" she asked.

"He did. Now it's mine. Questions over. This is a library so you'd better be quiet," I said.

"I want to talk to you... Somewhere else," she said.

I looked at her. There wasn't much of a rush except two children who were busy reading their books.

"I guess I can spare a few minutes. There is a spare room lounge in the back... Come over there," I said. She nodded as she walked in.

I changed the sign to close.

"Becky, take the desk," I said as the one with me on the shift took over the desk.

I walked back in.

Dakota sat in front of me on the chair. I sat down against her as she handed me a cupcake.

"Go," I said leaving back into the chair.

"You should ea-" she said as I tapped on the desk.

She sighed and removes her sunglasses to look at me.

There was something in her eyes that meant that things werent that good for her.