26.

Rose:

"Congrats," Theodore said when I walked back down the stage. He touched the sash examining the stitching and the beauty of it.

"I knew you'd be the Head Girl," he said.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"C'mon... If they didn't choose you, who'd they choose? Cassie? Brittany? Dakota?" he laughed. Casey walked down standing next to me.

"Hey... Um... Can I drop you off?" Casey asked. I looked at Theodore.

"I think I own a pretty good Porsche myself," Theodore said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

Casey looked at me as Theodore's hand slid down to my back resting there.

"Theodore will drop me off. Thanks though," I said as Casey smiled.

"I'll go over to the ex Head boy and talk about this all... See you," Casey said. I nodded smiling.

As soon as he left, Theodore turned me around to look at me.

"C'mon Theo," I said.

"You saw how much he was trying to be with you?" he asked.

"That's because he is my friend and a brother. And I won't run away from you. Especially not after sharing my first kiss with you," I said. He smiled as we went over to the juice table.

He handed me a glass.

"Shhh..." he said making the people around him quiet down. He then held my hand and rushed over to the stage.

"Don't do it!" I said.

"Do you even know what I am doing?" he asked.

"You are being spontaneous and it may come out wrong but you are a catastrophe, Payne." I said.

He smiled as he went onto the stage and tapped the microphone as Carlos rushed over to the system plugging the mic in.

"Sshh shh," he said smiling as the crowd got quieter.

"Raise your cups to the new Head Girl Rosalie Bloomingham," he said. I facepalmed and closed my eyes.

I looked over for the Principal, she was smiling as she raised her cup in the air along with the others. I never felt so respected and flushed at the same time.

Finally, Mr. Reed, the school supervisee called him down. He obeyed smiling as he walked over to me bowing.

I sighed as he laughed. The party then continued.

After a little while of dancing, I walked out to find Casey sitting alone on the bench.

"Hey," I said as I walked over to him.

"Hey... Um... Can we talk now?" he asked.

"Of course yes," I replied as I sat down next to him.

"There is no way for me to soften this thing but-" he said when Skylar walked out with Aiden. She looked at me and smiled. She walked over as Aiden followed.

"What's the case Casey?" she asked smiling.

"You came with Sparks," Casey replied.

"I did," she replied as he smiled.

"The performance was fabulous. I didn't know you could play that well," Casey said.

"It's my first year here," Aiden said.

"I didn't mean you... I meant her," Casey said as Skylar laughed punching Casey playfully.

"Anyways... I shall leave now... I shall drop you off if you want." Aiden said.

"Thanks but I'll stick with Rose," Skylar said.

"Alright. See you tomorrow. Congrats Head Girl!" Aiden said as he smiled walking back to his car.

"It's been such a long time since we saw each other," Skylar said as she took my hand in hers adoring the corsage.

"It's beautiful Casey," she said.

"I didn't bring it. Theodore did," Casey said.

My phone rang as I excused myself to pick it up.

"Drop off Skylar to the house if I am late," I said to Casey as he saluted. I went a little away to check who it was. It was dearest father.

I ignored it and stuffed it back when Theodore walked upto me.

"I thought you left," he said.

"I didn't," I said. He took my hand in his as he pulled me over to the school building, sitting on the steps of the lawn.

"I had a question," he said.

"I don't know if I'll be able to solve it but go on," I said.

"Why did you kiss me? Back there? Weren't you waiting for the one?" he asked. I looked down at the frills of my dress as I traced the outline of one of the roses on my dress.

"Theodore... It just became different to me. It wasn't the one as in a person but the one as in a defining moment. It felt like that moment was the one I had been waiting for. It just felt like one cohesive piece of the man and the moment. An alignment of a series of things to form a system. I wanted to do it. I wanted to be spontaneous," I said looking up at the stars.

"Words are simple but you forming them into strings makes them wonderful. You shape things. I never thought that we'd ever talk," he said as I looked at him.

"Me too," I answered.

"Do you regret doing that?" he asked.

"No. The moment was right and the person mattered," I said.

He smiled as he leaned closer to me as he put his hand on my face pulling it closer before he leaned closer kissing me. Tongues and lips and dark ecstasy, all of it, altogether, a flood of things.

When we parted, he looked at me smiling before ke kissed my head.

"You had asked me a question earlier that day... You remember? And I want to answer it," I said. He held my hand.

"I will be your girlfriend," I said as I got up smiling and walked away.

I stopped and turned to look back at him as he sat there, his hand in his hair, his lips curled into a smile that I wanted to snap a picture of. He looked cute with his eyes still looking at me. I pinched myself to assure me that it was Infact a reality.

I was a flame when Theodore was spontaneous combustion.